Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Are mic audio lines hot all the time, even when not transmitting?

km8am
km8am Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Are the Mic audio lines active (hot) all the time? The audio level meter registers audio drive in receive when a mic is connected to any input.

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    In the setup/voice tab, there is a click box that allows you to turn the audio level meter on or off when in receive mode. I like to leave it on because I can adjust mike gain and compression levels without transmitting just by watching the meters (that is when the compression meter is operating correctly... a fix is reportedly coming in the next release).
  • Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

This does not work on my set up. The meter only displays when I am transmitting. I do have the option enabled as well. v3.2.31

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

There is a option in settings that you can turn off /on the Meter showing the MIC audio levels using SmartSDR.

This is used to set your voice levels when NOT transmitting, Maybe that is what your seeing.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Here it is on the Maestro/ M model

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.