Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

no transmit when using transverter from the transverter store

Brad
Brad Member ✭✭

when using the transverter the power button shows orange on transmit and there is no output voice or watts, receive is good. works just fine when using any other HF bands.

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited February 2021

Hi Brad, do you have PTT connected from your Flex (might want to mention the model you are using) to the XVTR? I have a Flex 6400, so my choices would be to use TX1, TX2 or TX3. In the TX Band Settings screen, the appropriate one needs to be checked for the name of the transverter you defined using the XVTR tab of Radio Setup. Also make sure that RX Only is not enabled on the XVTR tab.

• F1EDG
    F1EDG Member ✭✭

Hello,

I have the same problem. Transverter 144,000 / 28,000

I am on a Flex6600.

I use the XVTR B output

The PTT works well, the transverter goes into transmission, but no transmitted power.

My transverter is DEMI it is configured for a maximum power of 10dBm

Sincerely, Jean-Pierre F1EDG

• Wolf
    Wolf Member ✭✭

Dear OMs, I have the same problem . . .

I was off a year or so. My 2 m and 70 cm Transverters worked very well before. Now I don't get any Tx Output at the XVTR BNC.

I have a FLEX6500. I use TX2 and TX 3 for the Transverters. Rx only is disabled. . . . Transverter Receive works OK.

The TUNE Signal switches the selected Transverter - but no output power.

I checked the XVTR BNC output and it doesn't show any power in the transmit mode.

Did something change with the software or is my FLEX6500 broken ?

Just a remark: I checked both transverters with a 28 MHz signal from a generator instead of the FLEX XVTR and than the Transverters generate the expected output power.

• Wolf
    Wolf Member ✭✭

Oh . . . found a solution . . .

I deleted both transverters in the XVTR setup menue and configured it again.

Now it works as ever before - with exactley the same paramters.

Good to know . . . it's SOFTWARE . . .

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

When posting these types of problems, it is helpful to also post a screen shot of SmartSDR with your antenna selections, PTT setup and transverter settings.

All these can affect the ability for the tranverter to function.

You need to pay attention to:

RX Antenna

TX Antenna

Drive power - 100% confirm this before each transmission in case you are using ANT1 or ANT2 as your TX port if you transverter requires more than 10dbm drive power.

PTT RCA Connection

Mike

• Wolf
    Wolf Member ✭✭

Thank you Mike for your remark.

In my case it was checked all.

What remains is the question why the transmit power disappeared ?

My solution "delete transverter in the XVTR setup + re-configuration with same parameters" leaves a bitter taste . . .

Anyway - Thank you !

Wolf - DF7KB

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Wolf

It would have been helpful to have a screen shot of the transverter setup and the SmartSDR setup before you deleted everything. It makes it hard to diagnose or to even try to recreate your issue without the above. It helps to also tell the version of SmartSDR l. Please keep this in mind for any future issues. Since you are using a 6500, it could be any version from 1.0 upwards. :)

If I can't recreate a problem, I am not able to get engineering to investigate further. They need to see a failing situation in a controlled environment to do additional diagnoses.

I used Transverters on my 6600M all the time for VHF and UHF and Satellite work without issue. I would love to recreate your issue, but I am not able to.

• Brad
    Brad Member ✭✭

no longer have this

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.