Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Strange Behavior swr protect fail and meters don't register anything.

I am really enjoying my new PGXL, I have discovered two concerns, I m hoping someone can point me in right direction.

1, When PGXL is powered off over night, I power on (rear button) and hear a clunking sound from inside the amp, the SWR protect fails during the POST. I then power off/on the amp again, this time no clucking sound from inside the amp and the POST is OK and the amp works great. It does this every morning when I turn the amp on.

2, When PGXL amp is powered on, I see the AmpPo, AmpSwr and Amp Temp in front panel meter of my 6400m and smart sdr software. I can put the amp in operate or standby, local or remote. However nothing ever happens in the meters no reading during transmit. The PGXL from panel and PGXL utility displays work the same during transmit in SSB.

Using current software, Power Genius 3.5.23, 6400m 3.2.31

Thanks

SHawn

Ve3xyy

Comments

• ShawnQuinn
    ShawnQuinn Member ✭✭

Here is a video of PGXL SWR Protect Fail on POST bootup.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Open a Help Desk ticket. This is not normal behavior.

I tried it on my amp and do not have that issue.

Dave wo2x

• ShawnQuinn
    ShawnQuinn Member ✭✭

Thanks Dave, Help Desk ticket submitted.

Shawn

ve3xyy

• ShawnQuinn
    ShawnQuinn Member ✭✭

I guess I wont be using my Week old amp in the Ontario QSO Party today. I just went to transmit in ssb and amp thru a firmware Fail:11 code. I guess I will wait to hear from Flex before I use it again. My SWR is 1:1 from hexbeam.

Shawn

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Shawn, is there a way to do a factory reset on the amp?

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

also, you can reload the current firmware from the Windows utility.

This amp is about three weeks old and working fine.

Dave wo2x

• ShawnQuinn
    ShawnQuinn Member ✭✭

Did a factory reset, did reload the current firmware, everything works until power down shut off. When I turn amp back on, back to the swr protect fail screen during POST. Turn PGXL off/on again works as it should.

Thanks for the suggestion Dave, Len. Will have to wait till flex reaches out, to say what they suggest. I've had the amp for a week, its sweet when it works.

Shawn

ve3xyy

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Since Shawn opened a ticket, I am going to leave the dialogue to that venue and closing this thread (part of our support policy).

This discussion has been closed.