Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No reception on 6500

What is wrong? was doing CW on 20m (remote) good reception but very high audio tone. radio rebooted in an attempt to restore the audio tone. But no more receiving any signal at any band (steppir DB42 connected) Started smart sdr on PC at radio side with teamvieuwer, same there so i guess hardware have serveral antenna's , all the same not a beep.

Best Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi Jan, I know that you are remote, but if you can get to your radio site, try moving the antenna to ANT2. If that works but ANT1 does not work, then it sounds like a hardware problem with ANT1.

Another thing to look at is the connections and cabling between the radio and antenna. You could try temporarily moving the antenna to RXA to be sure that the antenna and cabling are OK.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

@Jan on8aj Can you include a screen shot of SmartSDR please. It really helps to diagnose your situation.

• Jan on8aj
    Jan on8aj Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    How do i reset the radio, i have only control over the 12v dc power supply and the remote on/off on the back of the radio. If i need to go and puch some buttons manually, i'll drive there tomorrow.
    Thanks Jan

Answers

• Jan on8aj
    Jan on8aj Member ✭✭
    Can't edit my own post... I can receive on my RX antenne , ant 1 no TX en no RX, ant 2 is not connected, trnsverter is working in TX & RX
  • Jan on8aj
    Jan on8aj Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    This is screenshot, i already downgraded to 3.1.12 but no change so back at 3.2.31 now, this is picture with antenna 1 ( display collor set to black)
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Thanks!

Can you try 1 more thing. Please export your profiles and do a database reset on the radio and then see if it works as you expect.

Let me know.

• Jan on8aj
    Jan on8aj Member ✭✭
    I have only control over the 12v power suply (on/off) and the rear on/off switch. If i need to push some buttons manually i drive there tomorrow. Thanks for the help!
  • Jan on8aj
    Jan on8aj Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Been to the remote lacation. 
    Pressed OK button and power on until the white light came on. Let the radio start up, no difference. 
    Changed antenna from ouput 1 to output 2, no difference either. Hooked up my icom ans searched for a strong signal, 
    found 9a station on 14.254 with 59+ signal. Antenna back to the flex, VFO to 14.254 but noting, no reception at all. 
    Also no power, not on antenna A and not on B (photo taken on RX ant)

• Mike-VA3MW

I have opened a support ticket for you

This discussion has been closed.