Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

v3.2 Venting

v3.2 has turned what was once an enjoyable hobby into a constant loop of rebooting, profile entering, and other weird ridiculousness.

Flex support (as always) is amazing, but my confidence in the quality of v3.2 is so horrible low that I an longing for v3.1.

Is there a specific way to downgrade back to v3.1 I need to be aware of? I have a 6400 and a Maestro.

Thanks!

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

For the sole purpose of noting that experiences vary, updating my 6600M was easy, rapid and problem-free.

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭

For me also it was easy to update with out any problem for my F67, F66 and Maestro A.

Chris

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭

I waited for a few weeks to upgrade as I do with all software releases.

I did a cold reboot as well as exporting my global and transmit profiles. I also made sure I windows updates were done and did a PC reboot. On the cold reboot of the radio I make sure I unplug the 12 vdc on the back of the radio and wait several minutes. Then when plugging radio back in I wait another few minutes. Just to make sure all the process are properly completed.

There is no rush and you will save time in the long run possible.

3.2.31 has been an improvement in the software. Also upgrading the software in the PGXL has been an improvement.

I have had no issue with the quality of this release. I have a 6600, not an M model, and not a Maestro. Just two computers, one in shack and the other local remote.

Bill W9JJB

• Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭

That’s great news. I wish I had that experience.

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭

Glad others have had better luck than I. I wish I had the 6400 instead of the 6400M. Easier update and changes to profiles, etc.

Not a newbee either, been running flex since the old Powersdr and 5000 series so been through many software and firmware updates through the years. Jim K4JAF

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021

Just for the record I had the same windows blue screen error happen a few time when making the upgrade and starting SmartSDR on a couple of Window 10 pro computers. The same error has happened every time I have made a upgrade since V3 came out and once it gets cleared a couple times it does not reoccur so I have not tried to determine the root cause. It's less work to just live with it and expect it when doing a upgrade and hoping someday the conflict will resolve itself.

John K3MA

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    No really problems with my install. BUT, as some others have noted on the Flex Facebook page, on the M model radios the Snap to Tune button can no longer be disabled. So, 1Hz tuning is not possible.
    Other than that, (and my pet peeve useless Automatic Notch Filter) things seem to be working pretty good.
    James
    WD5GWY
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF

I see that snap to tune is permanently enabled but I do not understand why 1Hz tuning is not possible. With a slice receiver’s step button set to 1, the tuning dial seems to operate in 1Hz steps.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

I did a clean install including deleting SmartVSP. ALL installed fine. Radio is now rock solid. No more Radio Freezings and then resetting the radio for a cold start. Thank you All at Flex Radio.😁🎊🎉

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Trucker

Yes, the Snap to Tune was depreciated and turned on 100% of the time. However, 1 Hz tuning is still possible.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF

Over how many years does the IRS allow you to depreciate the snap to tune feature?

• Martin Bérubé
    Martin Bérubé Member ✭✭

I also did noticed some erratic behaviour with SmartSRD for windows after the upgrade to 3.2. For example, the TUNE button was not working.

I performed a factory reset and imported back my profiles but the preferences and tnf. Everything is working fine since.

73, Martin VA2PX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.