Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Latest SmartSDR download did not install

Options
Farmerkid
Farmerkid Member ✭✭
edited March 2021 in SmartSDR for Windows

I read the release notes and suggestions for smooth install. However, I think a few process steps would be a great help since I made the following assumptions for lack of clear direction otherwise.

1. Backup profiles
  2. Turn Radio OFF
  3. Download v3.2.31 from Flex website
  4. Click on executable file and initiate installation (a few things happened, then nothing)
  5. Check Program Files directory to verify installation (nothing new here, previous software still installed)
  6. Locate Desktop icons for new SmartSDR, DAX, and CAT applications (nothing there)
  7. Turn of Windows Defender and repeat steps 4-6 (no joy)
  8. Post Flex community Discussion Topic for help.

Assuming above problem has been resolved, perform the additional following steps:

1. Power up radio and click on SmartSDR v3.2.31 icon
  2. Click on Update Radio option
  3. Wait 5 minutes for firmaware updates to be applied to radio
  4. Cold boot radio
  5. Have fun exploring features with new software update.

Stuck no joy.... double checked directory permissions, security settings etc.

Please provide any help hints or additional steps.

Ken-W9KB

Comments

• Farmerkid
    Farmerkid Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options

Previously tried installing as Admin, success was found right clicking installation program and changing compatibility setting:

You have to love Windows (it's up today in the market).

Now onward to radio updates

Ken-W9KB

• Pat Hamp
    Pat Hamp Member ✭✭
    Options

This was great help. I had been having a boot issue with the machine and had to do an SLC clean and thought that was the problem. This worked great, now I hope I can remember it!

Pat

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Isn't the latest version 3.2.37? or was this a typo at the beginning?

Anyway, I would strongly encourage installing the latest version, or, if you have a Maestro waiting until the version for it comes out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.