Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Keying a Kenwood Amp

I'm looking to drive my Kenwood 922A with my new 6400.

Have RCA1 on, slider at 0 and RCA/RCA cable in place, but the Kenwood is not triggering when I key up the 6400.

What to look for?

Michael W7HUT

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Michael, not sure what you mean by slider at zero.

You need to be sure that you have your TX Band Settings set correctly. Go to Settings, TX Band Settings and select RCA TX1 for all the bands that you want to key the amp.

• W7HUT
    W7HUT Member
    I forgot to add that I have completely upgraded the 922 with the full Kessler Engineering QSK/TR relay replacements with solid state voltage levels. TR keying takes ~12VDC to ground to activate.

Michael W7HUT
  • W7HUT
    W7HUT Member
    Hi Len

I had already done that - the slider reference was on the SmartSDR for Mac transmit settings where RCA TX1 is set - I have the slider next to it set to no delay.

Michael W7HUT
  • BBrown99
    BBrown99 Member
    Michael, did you get this working? If so what did you do? I have the units and the same problem.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Please post a screen shot of your TX Band Settings.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.