Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Status of Tuner Genius

On January 25, 2021 the Tuner Genius Program Manger stated that it would begin shipping in February (post copied below). We're into March now and I haven't head a peep about it. Does anyone know when the Tuner Genius will really begin shipping ?

Thanks,

Russ KR6W

--------------------------

Mack W4AX Company Adviser ✭✭

January 25

@ARNOLD GOLDMAN the TGXL will begin shipping next month. Full integration with the Flex Radio, PGXL and Antenna Genius. 

Just so you know.

Mack

W4AX

Tuner Genius Program Manager

Best Answer

• Mack W4AX
    Mack W4AX Company Adviser ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I actually know as the PM. Guys, please stop the sniping. It drives me crazy as a former Army Colonel and ham for 52 years. It reflects badly on character.

The TGXL HAVE shipped. I'm running a test group of a few trusted Alpha team members who are in the pipeline to receive one just to be positive we haven't missed something. That will likely last less than three weeks. They are being built in mass as I type this. You're going to love the TGXL. Watch my presentation during the QSO Today hamfest this weekend to see a brief demonstration and overview. I'll try to be in the meeting room when my schedule permits to answer your questions. Please believe that it is to everyone's advantage to get these into the broader market as soon as possible.

Mack

W4AX

TGXL Program Manager and FlexRadio Strategic Advisor

Answers

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

Read the "Any update on Tuner Genius" post. It indicates shipments starting 1st Quarter 2021.

It's a safe bet the the TG-XL will begin shipping as soon as FRS feels its fully ready.

Butch

KF4HR

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭

Flex has been saying “soon” forever. Doesn’t mean a thing. This time someone “official” - the PM - said something specific which was that it would be last month. I’m hoping someone who actually knows will clarify that.

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

Mack,

Thank you for taking the time and keepng us informed. I am set up and will either attend the Virtual Hamfest this weekend or as I can. Have to work so not sure if I can attend the "live" presentations.

Good luck and thanks!

Richard Griest - N4RWG

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭

Not “sniping”, just asking an obvious question.

Thanks for the updated status.

Russ KR6W

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Mack

its not sniping, it’s a symptom of a trust issue. Many of us feel we’ve been abandoned by flex for greener (military, DOD) pastures. Once broken, trust is difficult to regain. I’m sure this has been covered in your officer training at some point.

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭

John KB4DU - absolurely correct.

Also pretty sick of things like simple, basic, obvious questons being met with behavior like critisim for "sniping".

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Mack W4AX thanks for the update.

This discussion has been closed.