Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL cannot connect

Options
Sergey KN7K
Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

I stopped my WPX RTTY contest as in the middle of transmit SSDR crashed and after that I restarted my PC. Tried to get back to contest but now cannot connect to PGXL, it does not show any available devices.

I power cycle PGXL, router, network switch and 6600 with no luck. Any idea how can I get it back ?

Comments

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    Options

That sux...

I guess I would try removing the power cord from the PGXL... Wait 30 seconds then plug it back in. I wonder if something needs a complete power cycle inside.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

when you first power up the AMP it grabs a IP from your router SO I would guess your Router or other network device took a dump or possible RFI on your network cables and your AMP and Radio lost there IP address.

BE sure to have the AMP and Radio off when you re-start your router, once the Router is fully booted then Power up the AMP and Radio so they grab the correct address.

You should see the IP on the front of the AMP and make sure it is on the same network as your radio and computer.

If you reset your Router with the AMP powered up chances are you wont be able to see with the radio or the Utility after the Router comes back at least that is how the two PGXL's I have had have been.

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you guys.

I tried several different sequences of power up with no luck. If i disconnect LAN cable and shutdown PGXL for a min and power it up, it is coming up without any band data. As soon as I connect LAN cable, band data is shown and also IP address 192.168.1.15 on the front panel of PGXL. PGXL follows bands changes on the front panel. However PGXL Utility still does not show anything.

I opened a ticket with Flex.

I am not sure I got 6600 crash and PGXL utility issue during contest because of RFI. I usually have 2-3 crashes of the radio every month when it left idle overnight. Also nothing changed in my shack over last 2 years and i am pretty active on FT8 on all bands almost daily.

Sergey

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Fixed!

Somehow my PC switched to a Public Network. I was digging what possibly could block my PGXL Utility. Went through Windows Defender setting and did not find anything interesting. But when I check my Network center, I found my PC switched to the Public profile. I switched to the Private and PGXL Utility is working now.

I used my radio with PGXL on daily basis and restarted everything before RTTY contest. Everything was working as it should in the beginning of contest. I have no idea how these changes happens, the only thing is questionable what exactly happened during 6600 crash. I have a long list of

Anyway, I happy to find this Network setting and not when switched to a Private Network, everything works fine - PGXL Utility is up and running.

Sergey, KN7K

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.