Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL Feature Request - Jan 2021

Options
Tom Porada
Tom Porada Member ✭✭
edited February 2021 in Third-Party Software

For a more seamless integrated operation - when a FLEX 6600 (or other?) is put into TUNE regardless of the state of the PGXL (stby or op), put the PGXL into STANDBY for the duration of the TUNE then back into the pre-TUNE condition afterwards (one step).

Currently when operating with the amp in OPERATE, the PGXL has to be put into STANDBY (step #1), then the FLEX has to be put into TUNE (step #2), then the PGXL has to be put back into OPERATE (step #3).

In my case I use TUNE to let my remote MFJ-998RT tuner find a solution with low power (10w) before transmitting so I don't go into a potential hi SWR situation.

Or - at least make this an option via utility software.

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

FRStack will do this.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Tom Porada
    Tom Porada Member ✭✭
    Options

Wow, there you go...guess I need to start using FRStack!!

Thanks Alan

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    Options

FRStack is great however the TX delay of 150 on that feature makes it a little edgy for my taste.

I have written a lot of my own utilities to run on MacOS and one of my utilities, a PGXL utility for Mac OS features a "Tune" button. The tune button on this utility, puts the amp in standby, selects tune on the FlexRadio. When you click it off, it puts the amp back to the prior state.

So I just use this tune button instead of the one in SmartSDR or SmartSDR Mac.

• AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    Options

I second the need for native Tune / PGXL integration. I do this constantly on the low bands; it is a real PITA on 160.

Keith - AC9S

• Tom Porada
    Tom Porada Member ✭✭
    Options

I also agree that a native Tune / PGXL integration feature would make the user experience seemless. Throw in similar functionality with the TGXL (don't have one of those yet!!).

Tom - W4IEE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.