Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for Mac PTT Issue

Hello folks. Tried looking for previous posts but didn't find any. I just installed, configured and played with the SmartSDR for Mac, which I find amazingly great and ease to use. This will give my Macbook Pro a whole new meaning for my radio purposes until the day when all the programs I use are Mac Os available and I can throw away my window PC.

But on to the matter at hand, sometimes when I'm using the SmartSDR for Mac if the received signal is too strong or there is a lot of noise on the frequency the PTT kicks in and the radio is put on transmit, for a second or two, and does it again and again and again.

I use Macbook Pro 2013, Catalina 10.15.7, latest SmartSDR for Mac and Klip computer headset.

I think I have everything configured correctly, therefore I don't know what can be causing the issue. Have any of you experienced this?

Thanks and 73,

Santiago

HI8O (former HI8SMX)

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Santiago, are you sure that you do not have VOX turned on?

• Thanks Len, you won't believe it, but you made me check again and for some unknown reason VOX was highlighted on the AM Control.

I just got myself into the old guy mistakes group.

73, Santiago

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Ha! Well, I am glad that was all it was.