Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hats Off to nice sales person

Options

JP Pacheco, KG5ZZB

FlexRadio Amateur Radio Sales Manager

He really helped me a lot this week and helping me decide on 6400 or 6600 M series and mic cable -Emailed me ASAP and answered all my sales question -Very nice person with with Cor Virus we need a compassionate person

Thank U JP

Joe KL4QG

Comments

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options

Now I have decide is it worth get Flex 1500 watt amp and sell my Ten Tec Titan 425 amp I’m getting tired tuning up on band changes but it’s a nice amp for its age

my Holland hyendantenna 10-80 Dipole has SWR under 1-1.5 all the Ham bands he tuned it for 3.80-3995 on 80 meters it’s rated 2.5 watts with my custom balum

Anyone here use Flex 1500 watt amp

joe KL4QG

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2020
    Options

@KL4QG "my Holland hyendantenna 10-80 Dipole has SWR under 1-1.5 all the Ham bands he tuned it for 3.80-3995 on 80 meters it’s rated 2.5 watts with my custom balum"

You'll destroy that 2.5W balun with the PGXL 😁

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    Options

Darlene the kitten approves of my Flex Radio 6400M

40 meters was noisy but it’s in morning

we have learn how and where pre amp and RF Control is now

• PeteP
    PeteP Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'll pile on here. JP helped me out the beginning of this week and shipped out a 6400M for me with quick MARS mod. Nice guy and great service. Even traded call signs and hope to QSO one of these days.

BZ JP!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bravo_Zulu
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Use AGC-T in place of traditional RF Gain. Try around 42 to 45 for 40 meters. Your setting may be different depending on antenna gain and RF environment. I set the slice audio level at 65 then adjust AGC-T until I can still hear weaker signals fine. This reduces the background noise considerably. You should not need any preamp on 40.

Tim Ellison has done some write ups on adjusting AGC-T and preamps optimally. Once you start adjusting the AGC-T you will find it works better than traditional radios with RF gain adjustments. Less fatiguing on the ears.

Dave wo2x