Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hats Off to nice sales person

JP Pacheco, KG5ZZB

FlexRadio Amateur Radio Sales Manager

He really helped me a lot this week and helping me decide on 6400 or 6600 M series and mic cable -Emailed me ASAP and answered all my sales question -Very nice person with with Cor Virus we need a compassionate person

Thank U JP

Joe KL4QG

Comments

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020

Now I have decide is it worth get Flex 1500 watt amp and sell my Ten Tec Titan 425 amp I’m getting tired tuning up on band changes but it’s a nice amp for its age

my Holland hyendantenna 10-80 Dipole has SWR under 1-1.5 all the Ham bands he tuned it for 3.80-3995 on 80 meters it’s rated 2.5 watts with my custom balum

Anyone here use Flex 1500 watt amp

joe KL4QG

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2020

@KL4QG "my Holland hyendantenna 10-80 Dipole has SWR under 1-1.5 all the Ham bands he tuned it for 3.80-3995 on 80 meters it’s rated 2.5 watts with my custom balum"

You'll destroy that 2.5W balun with the PGXL 😁

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭

Darlene the kitten approves of my Flex Radio 6400M

40 meters was noisy but it’s in morning

we have learn how and where pre amp and RF Control is now

• PeteP
    PeteP Member ✭✭
    I'll pile on here. JP helped me out the beginning of this week and shipped out a 6400M for me with quick MARS mod. Nice guy and great service. Even traded call signs and hope to QSO one of these days.

BZ JP!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bravo_Zulu
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Use AGC-T in place of traditional RF Gain. Try around 42 to 45 for 40 meters. Your setting may be different depending on antenna gain and RF environment. I set the slice audio level at 65 then adjust AGC-T until I can still hear weaker signals fine. This reduces the background noise considerably. You should not need any preamp on 40.

Tim Ellison has done some write ups on adjusting AGC-T and preamps optimally. Once you start adjusting the AGC-T you will find it works better than traditional radios with RF gain adjustments. Less fatiguing on the ears.

Dave wo2x