Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600m / Display Timeout?

Hello all.

I operate remote all the time.

My radios are on 24/7.

Is it possible to have the display on the M model radios go dark after an inactive period?

I could not find a control for that.

I get the feeling the M version may not be ideal for a remote rig...the price was good so I bought it... ;->

Mike

KC0YHM

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

That is not a feature of the FLEX-6000 M model radios. Please note that the front panel display is not prone to burn-in.

If you want to shut down the front panel so that it is not running SmartSDR and you have access to all of the available radio resources (slices and panadapters), then from the front panel, tap MENU -> Radio and then tap SWITCH VERSION. This will log off SmartSDR from the front panel.

• Thanks Tim.

Not sure how I missed this reply...

I should have clarified what i mean by remote.... I live in Florida and the radio is in Minnesota... I'm not a snowbird...I built the station in MN because I can not have a tower in my community...Yes, I'm addicted to yagi's and gain... However, MN is a great location for HF in the US and my brother in law was nice enough to let me build a short tower on his property.

I am never at the radio site. I use SmartSDR every time I use the radio... i cant touch the radio ever.

Maybe a display on / off via SmartSDR would be a nice feature. ;->

Thanks for the reply.

Mike

KC0YHM

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Mike Webb KC0YHM -- Yep, noted...

You may want to get a non -M model for your remote and then use a Maestro when required. Just a thought too.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.