Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Radio DMR Channel 30234

2»

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    I’ll program my radio tomorrow and join the fun. Dave wo2x
  • tom7020
    tom7020 Member, Unconfirmed
    I have been using DMR. The DMR handheld radio also has the advantage of providing a more reliable and secure way of communication for the majority of professional mobile users
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Just a reminder, we are still on this TG and it is active.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

Thanks for the posts you guys as it brought to attention a possible use of the thumbDV I bought for my Flexradio that has been sitting in box since it no longer works with SmartSDR and no 3rd party has any interest in this.

Downloaded BlueDV and decided to get an id with RadioID. Bingo bango, it's up and running. Brandmeister Last Heard list was handy to find actual talk groups in use. https://brandmeister.network/?page=lh&DestinationID=93

Not sure I'm going to use it much but at least now I can delve into DMR and DSTAR.

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭

I am using the DVDongle.. Frankly it works much better than any of the DMR Radios and I have to do much less screwing around to get on the air

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

I have the DVMEGA DVstick 30 and blueDV up and running but I can not find 30299, is this searchable in the BM lookup? DMR is new to me, is it only available from a certain DMR Master and or DMR+ master?

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭

Just type the number —and it should connect

you do not need to search it in BleDv

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Howard, I guess I just need to wait for some traffic now.

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭

I will get on later today

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Update -

This TalkGroup is now being moved to 30234 (do not use 30299 anymore).

Mike

• Hello Mike, is there still an active DMR TalkGroup?
  • David Decoons, wo2x

Yes, 30234 is still operational. When I am in the shack I listen on there.

Dave wo2x

• Don_N5SKT
    Don_N5SKT Member ✭✭

BTW. Forgive me for adding to an old topic but there are now Apps for Android and PC that require no other device to transmit on DMR, DSTAR and YSF. They can be clunky but if all you want is Flex TG, you can use this to get there with your phone or PC.

• Don_N5SKT
    Don_N5SKT Member ✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXEPDoa5FK8

Sorry, adding a video about the PC Client.

• David Decoons, wo2x

Hi Don,

Interesting. I use a dual band duplex hotspot. How do you find the rx and tx audio?

Dave wo2x

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭

I just tried it... definitely connects.. still playing with the audio as there is no direct gain control in the software

• Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭

In the thread I have seen: TG30299 and TG30234

Which is correct?

73!

Pat

• Mike-VA3MW

About 2 months ago, the DMR gods asked us to change to 30234.

Mike

• Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭

OK, thanks. I'm all code plugged up on 30234.

No traffic, so band conditions must be unfavorable. ;)

• Mike-VA3MW

All

I have been off DMR for a bit... are you guys still on 30234?

Mike

• Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭

I "tune in" from time to time, but don't see much activity other than the QSO I once had with @Mike-VA3MW .

BTW, he was 599! :)

• David Decoons, wo2x

I have to remember to turn on the portable when in the shack :-)

Just received two new batteries for my XPR7550e on Saturday, so no excuses.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.