Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Energizing a T/R Relay from TX or Aux ports

Options

I have scanned the community and am not able to find a solution to what I think is a simple issue that is probably just eluding me. I would like to use a Transco-Y or Tohtsu relay to separate the TX and RX coax for 6 meters so that I can use a LNA at the antenna. I need to supply +12VDC or +28VDC to the relays depending on which is used and will need to power one (1) in the shack to separate the feedlines and another one (1) at the mast to recombine them.

I use a DEMI L144-28 on TX1 and Q5 Signal L432-HP100 on TX2 and they drive relays from their AUX port using their built in sequencers and I am hoping to accomplish the same thing with 6 meters. RXA and RXB ports are already being used with the transverters.

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kevin

If I understand your configuration, you want to trigger a coax relay when you TX on 6M...correct?

Is the TX3 RCA PTT available to use with your 6M coax relays? Use an interposing relay to protect the Flex from the Coax Relay back EMF.

Alan

• Kevin Rich
    Kevin Rich Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the reply Alan and you are correct that I want to trigger a Transco-Y or Tohtsu CX-600 when I transmit on 6 and TX3 is available.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

You can do this with the USB cables that connect to the back of the radio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.