Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No sound from the monitor

As a former broadcaster, I am used to hearing myself talk. The monitor function worked on my 6500 at first even though I had to have the monitor turned almost wide open.

So maybe it was a hardware issue. Now I have a 6600M and I still have no output from the monitor. (Yes, my headphones work fine for receiving.) I have not found any settings that affect this and the manual has only a paragraph about the monitor function. (I do realize I can only hear how the radio sounds by recording it and that works fine.)

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Terry, I have no problems with it on my Flex 6400. Are you operating remotely via SmartLink or local? Are you using headphones plugged in to the back of the radio or into the PC? What level do you have the Monitor set to? With headphones plugged into the radio, I have to set the monitor level significantly higher than when I use my amplified speakers (30 vs. 75).

Where do you plug in your mic, PC or back of the radio? I don't think the monitor function works if the mic is plugged into the PC.

Len, KD0RC

• Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭

Hi Len, Thanks for responding. I am operating locally. Headphones and mic are both plugged into the back of the radio. The monitor level is set to wide open. I have a friend with a 6600M and his monitor is working fine. My setup seems to match his settings. I've talked to Flex about it and the question is kind of getting down to, is it so much of a problem to justify sending the radio to Austin. The are other ways to monitor my audio (input) by putting the audio through my PC. Of course, my 6600M is out of warranty. The funny thing is my monitor 6500 worked for a period and then it quit. Which made me think it might have been related to an update but that has been pretty much ruled out.

What's your plan for the Miny Maestro. Are you planning to monetize your project in some way? (Plans, Kits, or an actual product)

Thanks again, Len.

Terry K8EET

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Terry, The TeensyMaestro is now available on GitHub. I am not going to monetize it - I don't need a business, I like retirement too much! Here is a link to the discussion. Steve, WW1SS is building one now and Dave, W4WKU has his built and ready for the NAQP contest this weekend.

TeensyMaestro — FlexRadio Community

Len, KD0RC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.