Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M SD Card Failure?

My superb 3 month old 6400M running 3.1.12.51 needs the SD card replaced, service desk in Germany despatched a new SD card 16th December but with Covid/Brexit shenanagins likely to be some time before I see it. I'm aware this has been suggested before but why would Flex not permit those with the inclination/skill set download the image and create their own bootable SD card, until if/when the whole SD card issue is resolved, it would save a whole lot of frustration not to mention my £3k radio sitting on the desk unusable since 16th December.

Falling back to my old Kenwood TS2000, boy do I miss the Flex radio!

Happy holidays to all and hoping 2021 treats us all better than 2020 did.

Best Answers

Answers

• I would just add that the response from the US and EU service desk has been excellent, very responsive and provided suggestions to resolve the issue, really good job.

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"I agree, Flex should have the image available for immediate download and installation instructions for those who want to get back on the air in a timely manner. BTW, if I had known about this type of single point failure before hand I may not have purchased a Flex. I see more and more SD card failures on the community board everyday. Even brand new rigs that should no longer have the issue since they are running the lastest software. What gives? Is the problem fixed or it it still there?\n"}]
  • aa3ssradio
    aa3ssradio Member ✭✭

Ii think it should not be too hard to be able to send someone an ISO file to fix the problem to put on an SD card.. Unless the file is so big it would take forever to download.

• The replacement SD card arrived today, no instructions as to how to access the SD and change it out, anyone know if the SD card is in the usual type of card carrier where you need to push it in to release it or just pull it out??

• Slides in and out

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.