Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transverter Basics

Mike-VA3MW
Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I did a video on the basics of setting up a Transverter.

And, the key part I left out on antenna selection. XVTA for both TX and RX.

Comments

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

I have a XVRTR coming from Ukraine. It’s a TCXO version. Hopefully it will be more stable than the other one. I get to build it!

Ed KA9EES

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Nicely done Mike. If you could, I think a companion video showing split-IF operation would be helpful.

Len, KD0RC

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

Please explain the Split-IF option.

• AE2L
    AE2L Member
    I can't seem to find a way to use DCS, only CTCSS. Does anyone know if this is possible or or do I need to request a feature for FM repeater use?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

@AE2L SmartSDR only supports CTCSS

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

@KF4HR A split IF is where there are separate RF connections, one for TX and one for RX between the radio and the transverter

• pagreen69
    pagreen69 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Is there a way of using 3 transverters on a 6600, need 2 to transmit and receive 2/70 and the 3rd one just TX for 2.4GHZ (QO-100)?
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

I run three transverters from my Flex 6600 .

XVTA -- 2M

I then used a DPDT Coax relay to share XVTB. I use a coax switch to share the XVTB connection with a 70CM and a 1296MHZ transverter

There are a lot of ways to control the coax relay. I use a Node-Red program. Another, and simple way is to use a Flex Server USB BIT cable, to a relay, set to trigger on "TX Band" of the second transverter.

I use these coax relays. They look good up to 2gHZ.

Alan

WA9WUD

• pagreen69
    pagreen69 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Alan
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Your Welcome.

I forgot the PTT connections. Set up in the TX Band Settings Flex Menu. Yours can vary, concept is to set up the PTT per band in the setup menu.

Hardwire PTT from the RCA jacks on the Flex Sever to the PTT input of the Transverter.

Here is my PTT lineup,

RCA TX1 - 2M

RCA TX2 - HF Receive Inhibit (DX Engineering ACC-1 box)

RCA TX3 - 70 CM

RCA ACC TX - 1296 MHZ

Alan

• wb7ond
    wb7ond Member ✭✭

If anybody has the DEMI 2M or 440 transverter that make 100W output, is there sufficient range on the drive from the Flex 6600 to reduce the power, when using satellites, down to 25W or less?..

Also do the DEMI transverters power a tower mounted preamp with 12v thru the coax similiar to the ICOM 970H?

Trying to decide between an ICOM 9700 or a pair of DEMI with my 6600. Leaning toward the tranverters.

I"ve watched Mike's vids and have had enough of the Ukraine transverters.

Thanks for any advice...

R. Linder

wb7ond

• I would be interested in what is working with a Flex 6600 Today August 2022

almost a year after the apparent End of this thread

Wanting to pursue 2 meter EME with a Flex 6600

Any and All advice appreciated

Steve

KG5VK

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

Steve, if you're planning on building a higher end 2M EME station you may want to consider using cross polarized yagis (examples: M2 2MXP20 or 2MXP28 or 2MXP32 yagis: www.m2inc.com), and a Dual Adaptive Polarization Receiver from LinkRF+ (http://www.linkrf.ch/IQ+.html). As for the transmit side, you could use your Flex transceiver (with 2M Transverter), or any other 2M transceiver capable of driving a large 2M power amplifier. Fred (AB1OC) has an excellent Blog on EME station design here: https://stationproject.blog/2019/10/21/eme-part1-goals-station-design/

GL

Butch, KF4HR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.