Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR CAT not connecting to the Flex 6500

The image above shows the current status of the Flex 6500. As you can see, FRStack, SmartSDR, SmartSDR DAX are all connected and the virtual com ports are in place. However, as you can see SmartSDR CAT is not. There is only one radio to choose from. I am running SmartSDR V 3.1.12. Today is the first time that SmartSDR CAT will not connect. No changes have been to the PC running Windows 10.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

73, Bob, KN4HH

Comments

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

When things get weird I close everything and restart from the beginning, lately I've jumped the gun a few times while radio is still booting up. Usually I turn on radio and go get coffee started and by then the software is cleared to go.

• Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭

Thank you, Erika. I did as a precaution do a complete uninstall including drivers and a reinstall. Same results. Good idea on the coffee.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

WhenI get word stuff I do a factory reset. Export the profiles, reset, then restore profiles.

• Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭

Thanks, John. Yes, I did a factory reset and re-installed 3.1.12 including all drivers. Interestingly enough, all the virtual com ports do load.

Thanks again, Bob, KN4HH

• Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭

Here is an updated image of the Flex 6500 with the SmartSDR CAT status box showing no connection. All three clients do connect to the radio and the virtual com ports are present. I have done a factory reset, completely uninstalled SmartSDR including drivers and reinstalled V3.1.2 All radio functions and all DAX functions are correct. I am unable to access the radio using other apps (WSJT, Fldigi, etc). Thank you all again for reading.

Bob, KN4HH

• Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭

Sorry for all this bandwidth, folks . I did a Windows system restore and CAT now functions properly. Thanks for the comments.

73, Bob, KN4HH

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

So, windoze strikes again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.