Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart Link-Friend Using Smart SDR Changing Settings on My Session/Computer

Options

I was working 20 meters in Tennessee this morning when my friend in Georgia connected to the radio using Smart Link. He tried to use SmartSDR to set up two slices with Full Duplex and RX A for listening to his own voice to set the mic parameters on his session. As he adjusted the sessions on his QTH in Georgia my settings started changing here in Tennessee. He was even able to change the volume on my computer. Is this normal for Full Duplex operation? I thought the two sessions were entirely stand alone. Is there some setting I need to change to prevent him from reaching into my Tennessee session from Georgia?

Best Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Options

While multiple people can access the radio at the same time (aka two stations accessing the radio), profiles are shared between all stations, so if station (user) 1 is loading the same profiles that station (user) 2 is also using and makes a change to the profile, it changes for both stations.

You should create unique Global, TX, and Mic profiles for each station to use to prevent one station from inadvertently change the profile parameters the other station is using.

• JimStuder
    JimStuder Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Tim.

Jim Studer

Answers

• Steven Lott Smith
    Options

Watching this Thread

Also, how does the use of Multi-Flex by the owner and the remote user affect things

Steve

KG5VK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.