Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lost Control Window on main GUI Panel with TX P/CW Phone etc

The problem relates to one laptop other laptops are ok main GUI displays correctly.
I normally run with the Control Panel in separate windows, today one laptop during operation the Control Windows disappeared. (smartsdr v3.1.12)

I've search forum and manual I can't find how to restore the Control Panel window.
Everything seems to work ok, but I can't modify or view anything within the missing window.

Thinking corrupt software I uninstalled & installed again but windows still missing.
The task manager should TX Panel process is missing.

Ideas on how to recover the task / missing Panel

Thanks Neil g0ggg

Best Answer

Answers

• Neil Rogers
    Neil Rogers Member ✭✭

Further information, the issue is within the Windows User profile, not sure where.

But if a new local user on the laptop is created the TX Panel returns.

Therefore the issue is likely to be the user profile

Neil g0ggg

• N5DUP
    N5DUP Member ✭✭
    Is there a way within SmartSDR to get the control panels back?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Len nailed the answer. There is no need to solve the problem with a sledgehammer. :).

Just click the same button you clicked to hide it! :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.