Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Video walk through of my Remote HF station

Options
2»

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Christopher Platt I power cycle min all the time, but I have the older control box that just turns on. I don't remember doing anything special to it to make it do that. You might want to reach out to Steppir to see how it can be done.

For the RS232 stuff, I should do that. I have a long business history in RS232 communications, and we often use Moxa's for long hauls. But, I have a 200ft Lan cable that goes to the base of the tower and I have no issue doing 9600 baud and 4800 baud RS232 on it even though the operational spec is about 12ft. :) For me, it works.

I will be adding a LAN connection at the base of the tower, but it isn't on my must do list. It will be when I get the Rotor Genius finally installed..

• Christopher Platt
    Options

I use the SDA100 because its 100M from my tower and we use ubiqiti direct burial up the cliff. The Tower has a solar panel power supply 24V which drives the steppIR remote board, the microtik router, a 12V unmanaged switch, the relays which control the Alphapid, the Tower Camera all remotely controllable (except for the router which me made so it cant be turned off by mistake (but can be power cycled thru SSH or Winbox on the local PC.)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.