Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Questions About Buying and Using a Heil Pro Set 7 With a Flex 6600

Bill Roberts
Bill Roberts Member ✭✭

Hi,

As I age, I am finding it easier to just sit back in my operating chare and use a headset with boom mic. I currently own a Flex 6600 (plain) and have more or less decided on a Heil Pro Set 7. Before ordering, I'd appreciate some feedback on:

1. How do others like this headset?
  2. What cables/adaptors should I buy? I expect to plug in both the RX and TX audio into the rear panel of the radio AND control TX/RX with a switch which I understand is mounted right on the headset.
  3. Does the push to talk button come standard with this headset or do I need to buy a separate item with cable?

Any other feedback or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks and 73 de K8DXX

Comments

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

hi Bill

i use heil headset with my 6600m...like you just feels right

I have heil proset 5 and heil quietphone with #5 element

i prefer the quietphone headset cause i can turn on the noise canceling feature

and now i dont hear the dog barking or wife yelling at me ;-))

puts me in my own little world of radio....

the quite phone also comes with its own ptt swicth built in and no separate one needed

both heil headset are plug and ply with the 6600m with no adapters

but

with the connection in the back of the radio i use extension cables because i needed more cable to lean back in my chair

with the flex your can tune your transmit audio with the EQ

hope this info helps

Paul K3SF

• Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭

Thanks. Yes it did. I wound up buying the Proset 6 with HC 6 microphone. Gigaparts had them for $134.90. Heil advised that these were a direct plug and play with my Flex 6600.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.