Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
SmartSDR v3.1.12 and the SmartSDR v3.1.12 Release Notes. | SmartSDR v2.6.2 and the SmartSDR v2.6.2 Release Notes.
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes. | Power Genius XL Firmware v3.4.16. | Power Genius XL Utility v2.2.10.
Questions About Buying and Using a Heil Pro Set 7 With a Flex 6600
As I age, I am finding it easier to just sit back in my operating chare and use a headset with boom mic. I currently own a Flex 6600 (plain) and have more or less decided on a Heil Pro Set 7. Before ordering, I'd appreciate some feedback on:
- How do others like this headset?
- What cables/adaptors should I buy? I expect to plug in both the RX and TX audio into the rear panel of the radio AND control TX/RX with a switch which I understand is mounted right on the headset.
- Does the push to talk button come standard with this headset or do I need to buy a separate item with cable?
Any other feedback or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks and 73 de K8DXX
- 63 Community Topics
- 1.9K New Ideas
- 103 The Flea Market
- 5.3K Software
- 4.8K SmartSDR for Windows
- 33 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 76 SmartSDR for Mac
- 136 SmartSDR for iOS
- 148 SmartSDR CAT
- 62 DAX
- 275 SmartSDR API
- 7K Radios and Accessories
- 5.7K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 547 Maestro
- 9 FlexControl
- 711 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 137 Power Genius Products
- 107 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 10 Power Genius Utility
- 20 Tuner Genius
- 37 Shack Infrastructure
- 19 Networking
- 81 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 46 Contesting
- 111 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 56 Amateur Radio Interests
- 382 Third-Party Software