Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Qsorder and SO2R setup for SSB?

Options
Andy - KU7T
Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭

Hi

I am trying to setup qsorder. For SO1R, I know how to do that but SO2R adds complexity. I would like to record DAX1+TX DAX for slice A and DAX2+TX DAX for slice B.

Do I have to run 2 instances of qsorder?

Can I create 2 Virtual Audio Channel and each using TX DAX as an input?

I am trying to use Voicemeeter...

73 and thanks

Andy, KU7T

Tagged:

Comments

• AA0Z
    AA0Z Member ✭✭
    Options

Andy, I have run QSOrder in the past. It's a very useful program, but have had issues with it when upgrading so I've had to run an older version of it. I had issues with the MS C++ redistribute and the program not "finding the correct libraries". When it does it's job, it's very cool (when I remember to start it...).

I don't use Voicemeeter, as that might complicate some stuff, but I will share my configs with you to hopefully point you in the right direction. I'm assuming (the limited info I know about Voicemeeter), you want to push all your DAX channels into Voicemeeter and then record 1 output into QSOrder? That's how I would probably set it up the first time around.

For my setup, I run three separate instances of QSOrder on my computer. I copy the executable into three different directories within N1MM so they can all run simultaneously. I created three different notepad files and re-named them DAX1.bat, DAX2.bat, and MIC.bat. I saved the .bat files on my desktop.

Instance 1 records DAX1

Instance 2 records DAX2

Instance 3 records my Mic Input. This is kinda un necessary, but I like line up the audio flies and my voice when creating YouTube videos so I have what my TX is.

Below is Instance 1 config where DAX1 is input #6 when I run qsorder.exe -q from the command prompt. All the rest is basically the same with changing the DAX sound card #, the radio # and the port.

@echo off

cd "c:\Users\AA0Z\Documents\N1MM Logger+\QsoRecording\DAX1"

qsorder.exe -r 1 -C -i 6 -k Z -P 12061

DAX 2 instance is configured like below;

@echo off

cd "c:\Users\AA0Z\Documents\N1MM Logger+\QsoRecording\DAX2"

qsorder.exe -r 2 -C -i 3 -k Z -P 12062

Let me go through the switches.

-r 1 = only listen to radio 1. In my N1MM config -> Hardware tab where you setup your CAT control, I set slice A (COM X) to Radio Nr 1. Slice B (COM Y) is set to Radio Nr 2. Before setting this, if I complete a QSO on Slice A, the program would record both DAX1 and DAX2 and save a file for each, so that's where the Radio Nr in N1MM comes into play. After operating I would have to go through my directory and remove the duplicate recordings with nothing on it.

-C = to record an hour long file of each DAX and save it accordingly. This is a totally separate file. I use this as a backup file if the individual QSO's do not record correctly.

-k Z = hot key is set to Z to instantly record (I've never used this)

-P 12061 = listen to UDP port 12061 from my computer as that's the prompt when to record. Under my Config -> Broadcast Data, I have this configured in the Contacts (with the box checked) 127.0.0.1:12060 127.0.0.1:12061 127.0.0.1:12062 127.0.0.1:12063 127.0.0.1:12064. I'm assuming you don't need this and could just listen to 12060. I probably made this more complicated than it needs to be.

I would assume if you got Voicemeeter to work and mixed these all down to a single output, you wouldn't need to mess with the Radio Nr. Maybe that is fixed in newer versions of QSOrder? Not sure.

I don't know if any of this helps you, but wanted to document it here for future reference and anybody else who was having trouble with QSOrder.

• AA0Z
    AA0Z Member ✭✭
    Options

If you want to contact me off list, I'm interested in what you are trying to accomplish with Voicemeeter, so maybe we could find a solution. I'm good on QRZ.com.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.