Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flexradio live sessions-Calendar PLEASE! and a few other suggestions.

By accident, I happened to come onto the FlexRadio Systems YouTube channel and found a FlexRadio systems live session. I do not see a calendar of these events with the subject matter to be discussed. I would like to be given the opportunity to login to these event live instead of waiting for them to be posted post event on YouTube. I would also like to see them be interactive with a Q&A session that is asked of the Subject Matter Expert.

It would be nice to have an area on this community to make suggestions on what Live session subjects that we would like to see.

A listing on this site of what sessions have already been broadcast with a link to the session would be helpful.

There is a lot of information on this community, but this community is structured more like a Wiki than a Knowledge base. It would be nice if this could be a hybrid of both. I mention this as I have been a Product Owner to build requirements for a corporate Knowledge base in addition to many corporate web portals. This community site is great in concept, but in my opinion, needs some refining to allow a maximum user experience and a single source of truth for all Flex Radio users and future Flex Radio users.

Comments

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020

@Mike-VA3MW @kg5zzb great job with the live streams - I find them very informative and helpful. Two small points to improve the show, 1) broadcast on a consistent time and day of the week. 2) PLEASE introduce your guests - please don't assume we know who they are or what they do. Some of us are new to the flex community and are left wondering who is this person and why they are subject matter experts.

Thanks again for the videos, keep them coming!

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Thanks for the ideas...

We will do what we can with being on a regular time, however, there are other business priorities that may not allow that to work.

I have been trying to pre-announce them when possible.

As for questions, if you happen to watch after it was live, please email us at info@flexradio.com and we will be glad to answer your question.

Mike

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭

Again @Mike-VA3MW thanks for the great shows. I enjoy then and look forward to each episode.

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

Mike I enjoyed the video you made on Transverters back in October 2020. I'd be interested in another video with a bit more depth, such as why would one want to select the Q5 spilt IF and/or split RF options, and how one would daisy chain and switch between more than 2 Transverters using a Flex-6700 and 2MLPDA. And also if there's after-market software that would allow sync'ing two transverter slices for Satellite work.

Butch KF4HR

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Butch

I can't talk about Split IF much as I have never considered why. Possibly others can comment why Split IF is good.

As for daisy chaining, you could do that today by using antenna switches and the BCD or BIT output from the back of the radio. This is on the USB port on the back of the radio.

In my head, I know how I would do this, but I haven't actually done it. I am sure others have. You can review how it works here: https://www.flexradio.com/documentation/usb-cable-interface-guide-pdf/.

For tracking satellites, you can use SATpc32 for the PC or MacDoppler for the Mac. I use SATpc32.

Mike