Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuning Flex 6600 with an external ATU.

I did build a 90 meter long longwire loop to serve as a 160m antenna. It does not tune with my Flex 6600 ATU but it does tune with MFJ-993B ATU connected to my ICOM-7300. I did disconnect the MFJ-993B from the 7300, put it on manual control, and connected it to the Flex 6600. Playing all tricks I did not manage to get the 6600 tune the antenna with the MFJ.

1. How to you make the Flex 6600 tune an external ATU in general and MFJ-993B in particular.
  2. Which types of ATU are fit for use as an external ATU for Flex 6600.

Amos 4X4MF

Comments

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Amos, I use an MFJ 929 which is pretty much the same tuner without the meter. It works very well. I set the tune power in the flex to 10 watts, and click the tune button. I don’t have an internal tuner. Is yours off?

• Amos Sobel
    Amos Sobel Member ✭✭

John

Thank you for coming back.

1. Which Flex are you using?
    2. Is it possible to turn the 6600 ATU off?

Amos 4X4MF

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Amos, Yes, you can turn the ATU off. Click the ATU button on the TX tab of the Radio Panel. The Tune button will still output a signal when clicked. If you use an external automatic tuner, be sure to turn off the internal tuner or they will chase each other looking for a match.

Len, KD0RC

• Amos Sobel
    Amos Sobel Member ✭✭

John

Following your remarks and reading the manual again, I did finally manage to get my 6600 work on 160m with the new antenna.

Thanks again and see you on 160m FT8.

Amos 4X4MF

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Good that you got it going. Stayed in Jerusalem last time, maybe Haifa next time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.