Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3rd party SmartSDR functional enhancement software list

Robert KB6QXM
Robert KB6QXM Member ✭✭
edited October 2020 in Third-Party Software

Does anyone have a list generated of 3rd party standalone applications that enhance the functionality of SmartSDR?

K9DUR applications http://k9dur.info/smartsdr_utilities.php

Morsekeyer6K

SDRautocenter

SDRmemory6K

SDRmonitor

SWRPlotter6K

Voicekeyer

This is an example. I would like to see all applications that enhance the base functionality of SmartSDR.

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Great idea. A list of each app with a quick description (including platform and radios supported) that could be saved in a similar manner to the "Works with Flex" section of this website would be excellent.

Len, KD0RC

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

With Flex radio's wisdom by putting the API feature in the radio it is so easy for code writers to build 3rd party applications that work really well SEAMLESLY and enhance the function of the radio, I hate to start listing them and would hate to miss some applications that are built and easy to set up to enhance our operation's.

Here are a few that I have used

FRStack: give the ability to customize almost ALL aspects of SmartSDR and other hardware and software programs that require a UDP Network connections plus many many more functions that SmartSDR doesn't have, really there are to many features to list.

DDUTIL: Added support for both F6XXX radio's but also Legacy radio's enhancements.

FRLogger: A up and coming FLEX 6XXX logging program.

NODERED: works really well with Flows written specifically for F6XXX SmartSDR .

Plus tons of Sound care programs that work flawlessly with the FLEX CAT and DAX

Some may ask, Why doesn't Flex have this stuff built in, but I say WHY would you want a outdated version of operation software taking up needless room in the radio?

Take the API's for D-Star and FreeDV for instance these where add on API's that FLEX released, with FreeDV not needing any other Hardware, but D-Star needing the D-star USB dongle, D-Star dongles stopped being manufactured and Free-DV has moved SO FAST with improvement's and new Modes that it would be impossible to keep up with and really there was not enough people using these modes to make it worth the money for FLEX to continue support. FreeDV released Windows software works great with the F6XXX and a PC Mic and Speakers with DAX and CAT.

This is just my opinion

• Hi all

I use N1MM software for both memorykeyer and voicekeyer, working fine for me.

FLEX6600

br

Ken oz1hdf

• Flexradio Systems just had a YouTube video that was titled "Works with Flex". Did this post motivate Flex to generate the video?

Curious.

I really wish that they would improve this site to have a knowledge base. For instance a list of all applications that work with the 2nd generation Flex with titles, descriptions, cost (if any) and URLs to the downloads.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.