Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The Latest Comments & Questions

Sorry but I still have not cracked the code on this new Community format. Where do I go if I want to see the latest comments and questions from other flex 6000 users. Right now I am kind of rummaging thru the different categories to find the latest "news and discussions". But that is not working for me, just too cumbersome. I don't see a lot of other users complaining about, So there must be a better way to do this that I haven't figured out yet. Can someone share how they're making it work with me??

73 Paul w2eck

Best Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Not yet, not sure if @Tim - W4TME Is considering it or not. At least I don’t think there has been any reply but sometimes it is easy to miss a post here.

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭

On the right hand side of the screen I have Quick Links and under that is Recent Discussions...

In Recent discussions you will need to scroll down past Tim's fixed posts to see the most recent

AL, K0VM

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭

Al- thanks for the reply. Issue I see is there are no dates, how do you know when or how recent the are ?

tnx Paul w2eck

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭

I see dates...

Except for Tim's posts they are sorted by the most recent activity... W2ECK @ 11:33AM

AL, K0VM

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭

I'm not seeing quick links to the right screen , I see reply and views ?

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭

AL, K0VM

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Hi Ed and all,

Are you accessing the community on a mobile device ( iPad, phone, etc) and not from a PC?

What you see and where you see it is different on the mobile devices. For example, on my iPad the links are at the bottom. On my phone it is even different. Less real estate, so when folks comment about where to look for links, dates, etc it depends on the device.

One other thing I posted about is that the notifications on my iPad don't scroll to the bottom so I can't clear them except on my PC. No answer on that yet.

More here: https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/8023189/notifications-the-blue-button-and-clearing-the-unread-status-count#latest

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭

Al thanks , I'm not seeing anything to the right and I'm not seeing the gray slid bar at the bottom to see more to the right ?

Ed N5DG

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

@Ed Stallman

What type of device (PC, iPad, phone, etc) are you using to view the community?

...Al / NN4ZZ

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭

Al sri , read that and didn't reply . Windows 10 desktop

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭

Al Ok Ok that was it , I'm using a 32" monitor and I had the text to large .. Old eyes . Using Ctrl and the mouse wheel the menu is to the right of my screen now. Everything is so simple when you know the problem ... I learn something , Thank you .

Ed N5DG

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Good deal....glad that fixed it.

Al / NN4ZZ

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭

I know and appreciate that it took them a lot of time and effort to get this back up and running but that doesn't change that fact that this forums / community product is really clunky and second rate. Someone should be evaluating another product, IMHO this one damages their brand to newcomers.

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    • Having the browser window too narrow was my issue also in not seeing the dates. Thanks Al and others.
    • My initial question was where do I go to see the latest questions and discussions from other 6000 users- which used to be a morning ritual for me. Al's suggestion ( thank your for the reply) was to go to "Recent Discussions", which I just did- the most recent post was 1 Sept. from Tim---- so I don't think that is the solution.
    • So I ask again - where in this new "arrangement" does one go to see the latest questions and answers on the Flex 6000 series????

73 Paul w2eck

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

@W2ECK

RE: QUESTIONS

Paul.

You can go to the quick links and click on "unanswered" to see all on the unanswered questions.

There is not a link to see all of the questions including the ones that have already been answered. FWIW, I suggested adding a link for that.

To see all of the questions currently you have to just page through all of the posts and look for the ones tagged as a question.

Al / NN4ZZ

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭

Al - thanks for the suggestions.

Re; your suggestion on a "new link" for that - one would think that such suggestions would be welcome and implemented. Just like an initial software release - no one ever gets it right the first time or second.....

Having to page thru all he posts looking for a "question" is insane.

73 Paul

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭

Al - to me that is a good fix. Did you ever get any feedback or reply from Flex??

73 Paul

w2eck

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

RE: Al - to me that is a good fix. Did you ever get any feedback or reply from Flex??

Paul,

Not yet, not sure if @Tim - W4TME Is considering it or not. At least I don’t think there has been any reply but sometimes it is easy to miss a post here.

...Al / NN4ZZ