Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is the best way to work CW remote using SmartSDR on laptop. Keyer / Key setup / Connections?

What is the best way to work CW remote using SmartSDR on laptop. Keyer / Key setup and connections?

Best Answer

Answers

• K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭

The best way is a pair of RemoteRig boxes. Second best is a pair of Winkeyers. There are others I have not yet tried.

Since you said 'using ... laptop" I didn't mention getting a Maestro. It's a bit buggy, but it works.

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭

I noticed you said a pair of winkeyers? Wouldn't I just need one connected to the laptop?

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭

@K1ESE Thankful for you taking the time to answer but not happy with the answer. @Tim - W4TME is this the flex recommended method for remote CW? If so there is a major hole in the flex remote paradigm with regards to CW.

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭

CWX is built into the software and works great using the keyboard on your LT. It has memory slots and is easy to use and program. I don't understand the question being asked perhaps because none of the replies here are making sense to me

Doug K9CRT

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭

@Doug The question is How do I hook up a cw key (straight for iambic) to a laptop accessing the flex remotely. Thanks for asking for a clarification, I hope that helps.

• Chris WX7V
    Chris WX7V Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022

Lou, Did you wind up with a solution? I primarily use my straight key as well. So sending morse code from laptop keyboard (via CWX) is not very appealing to me. There's no "key" involved with CWX. Just using macros like other digital modes. Which is fine on its own, but does not appeal to straight key operators like me.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.