Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem with TX Flex6700 and SPE2k-FA

Options

I am asking this for a friend so I may not have all the details.

He is setting up a Flex 6700 and an SPE Expert 2K-FA with a SteppIR antenna. He has everything talking to each other. The problem is when the SDA100 controller with the Tuning Relay Board is tuning the antenna the amp will still go into transmit, even with the TX1 RCA cable disconnected. I feel there is something we are missing?? How it the amp being keyed with no TX1 signal being sent to it??

Thanks

Kent

N6WT

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Kent, does the amp have a feature that keys it up when it gets some RF? Some amps have that and some don't. Check to see if that can be disabled, then I think it will work the way you want.

Len, KD0RC

• Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The 2K-FA does not RF Sense to transmit.

If your friend got the cable to connect the amp to the radio from Dan at Expert Linears it uses the TX relay on the accessory jack to key the amp and not TX1.

• Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just looked at my accessory plug and it appears to have a dip switch you can use to turn off keying from the accessory jack. Then you should be able to successfully use TX1 to control keying thru the tuning relay.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.