Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Message to Tim about community

Sergey KN7K
Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Hi Tim,

We all like you and appreciate your help almost on daily basis. Thanks a lot.

But, 😁 , i am checking this community almost everyday and see 10! posts from you in the beginning of the 1st page, every day/every time. Isn't too much πŸ˜€ ? Can all these 10 posts be added to one post with community rules and may be one more post with all announcements? Otherwise we have to scroll half page everyday...

Just my 2 cents to improve this Community.

Also, as other suggested, is it possible make spacing between topics smaller, I think it will look better as well.

Sergey, KN7K

Answers

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    Tnx Sergy, good point and I agree with you on both counts. Tim is amazing and does a supeb job!

But why do we need to see those first posts everyday? Have to scroll to find latest new post and sometimes goes by and have to reverse back up .. Pse Tim change this.
  • John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭
    You can get rid of those messages from appearing. I did it a while ago so my instructions may not be exact. To the right of the Title of each of those post when you move you mouse several dot appear and when you put your mouse on them it gives you a selection to hide/delete the post. I do not remember the exact word used but it you try it you will see what I mean.
  • Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    John, Tnx so very much! I clicked on the three dots and selected "Dismiss". First nothing happened .. But when updating/refreshing the page, the post dissapered.

Very happy not having to see them anymore :smiley:
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

@Sergey KN7K The intent of the announcement posts at the top is to encourage users to actually read them. Case in point, in this post, you have asked a question where you desired an answer. There is a special type of post called a Q&A (Question and Answer) and it is discussed as as one of those posts, Using New Q&A (Question & Answer) Feature. I have gone ahead and converted your discussion to a Q&A.

I see that you have received information on how to dismiss the Announcements, so I will not address that.

I have actually had several folks say they like the more open view that the topic spacing provides. But to answer your question, that is not something that can be changed.

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Hi Tim,

One more question : I dismiss most of your announcements on my PC and only have 2 first ones that I left visible.

I logged to Community on my iPad and see all of them, about 12. Is there any way my account can be sync'd with Safari or what is the way to dismiss first 12 posts on Safari? It is kind of pain to scroll down every time I want to see new posts.

Thanks, Sergey

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    @ Tim,

have you knowledge about difficulties with the Community when it comes to responstime. I have very often difficulties to open the Community, it's very often very very slow when I'm in. Using several PC annd tablets, no difference. Internet speed and response time most often 45down/15up/35 ms and other pages and sites open just fine. Any coments appreciated.

Tnx Johan
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

@Johan SE3X Yes, we have received several notifications regarding this and I have an open issue with the Vanilla platform.

@Sergey KN7K The user profile separates client side options (those that are browser specific) and account specific because of the various types of browsers and display screen sizes that can be used to access the Community. I know the Vanilla team is working on the mobile version of the site to make improvements and it's possible that this will be addressed in a future update.

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    @ Tim, Tnx! yes it's amazing to the speed one gets addicted to the community :) Not being able to read and have access is extremely frustrating .. You do a great job all of you at Flex Tim. Sure this will be sorted soon as well.