Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DB15 to DB9 connector, where did it go?

Hello Everyone,

I am making my connections to my ACOM 2000A and my 6400M and noticed the FTDI connector is gone from the Acc page. Any idea why and any idea where I can get one? Or is there a better way to make the connection?

Best Answer

Answers

• NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭

DX Engineering. If you get it to work let me know.

Tom

NA7AA

• NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭

I am assuming you are trying to get the amp to follow your freq.

Tom

NA7AA

• Brian  K0BUS
    Brian K0BUS Member ✭✭

Yes I was told to get what Flex WAS selling but its not there now. I believe the connector was in accessories

• Brian  K0BUS
    Brian K0BUS Member ✭✭

So I was told to buy the FTDI connector that Flex sold and a DB15 to DB9 connector to the ACOM. However I needed to switch #2 and #3 wires of the DB9 connector to the ACOM.

• Bobby Pace
    Bobby Pace Member ✭✭
    I need the same cable, watching for the answer
  • Bobby Pace
    Bobby Pace Member ✭✭
    I see you 😎
  • NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭

I got a FTDI cable from Flex and the second cable needed from DX Engineering.

I’ve tried every which way to make it work with no luck. I’ve switched pins 2 and 3 on the second cable from DX Engineering. Put a null modem cable in between and thru in some fairy dust on the cable to no avail!

Calls to DX Engineering have not been returned, was on hold for 15 mins and gave up and left a message. Maybe next week a call to Flex. Note it doesn’t work on a Kenwood 990s either.

Beginning to suspect the Acom 2000a

Have set baud rates ad infinitum

Tom

• NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭

Whoopi!!! I GOT IT WORKING!!

Those that would like to know how, can E-mail me at tcoletti@me.com or call and leave a message.

I tell you what cables you need and how to configure your Flex CAT and the Acom 2000A Amp CAT on the remote along with which bottoms need to be on.

You'll know it's working when you hear the Acom 2000A servo's start to make noise moving around as you change Freq.

NOTE: You really don't need it. The Acom 2000A will change Freq when you give it a Dit or an voice AHHH. It's just nice to have working.

Tom

NA7AA

650 207 2772

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Tom, any reason for not leaving the solution here? This forum is a really good repository. Going forward a year, someone with the issue will be able to find the answer here without chasing someone down for it.

Len, KD0RC

• NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭

I will when I get time. Want to make sure I document it correctly.

Always better to talk someone thru it.

• Brian  K0BUS
    Brian K0BUS Member ✭✭

Fantastic!!!!! My cables come in this Sunday.

• Brian  K0BUS
    Brian K0BUS Member ✭✭

Tom, Can you please give us a readers digest version for what you did?

• NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭

You must be in “Operate” on the Acom 2000a control Head

• Brian  K0BUS
    Brian K0BUS Member ✭✭

Thanks Tom.....last night I came to the conclusion which is the same as you typed. Only thing different was I purchased a FTDI USB to DB9 cable for the Flex side. Apparently I didn't need that according to your post. Now my DXE cable will be here thur or fri.

Thanks for your help,

Brian

K0BUS

• NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭

Yes you do Brian.

1.The cable from Flex, FTDI to USB plugs into the Flex radio USB port on the back of radio.

2.The null modem (Jameco.com), plugs into the other end of the Flex (FTDI) cable.

3.The gender changer plugs into the null modem cable. (male/male) gender changer. ( Jameco.com)

4.The DX Engineering Kenwood to Acom 2000a cable plugs into the gender changer and then the other end of DX Engineering (Kenwood to Acom 2000a plugs into the Acom 2000a Control Head.

If you still have something to plug in after that, you did something wrong, go back to 1. above, Hi Hi

Tom NA7AA

• Brian  K0BUS
    Brian K0BUS Member ✭✭

Thanks Tom,

Been busy with life here. All is well and got all my pieces. Works good. Was thinking about buying the new Flex amp but this works fine. My friend tried buying the DXE cable but it appears that they are back ordered till Dec or Jan. I must have got one of the last cables.

Brian

K0BUS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.