Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mouse wheel does not tune

I cannot get my mouse wheel to tune when running SmartSDR (using 3.1.12) on my laptop. I am using a Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600 with an Acer laptop, running Win 10 Pro. The mouse scroll wheel works fine when I use it in a browser. Changing any of the settings in Windows on the laptop doesn't make any difference, and I cannot find any settings in SmartSDR that might affect this. I am stumped

Suggestions appreciated.

73, Lou W0FK

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Lou, the scroll wheel operates on whatever control it is over. For example, if you hover the mouse over any of the volume sliders, it will adjust volume. Try hovering over the panadapter while scrolling the wheel. Also, make sure the step increment is reasonable so that you can see (and hear) the frequency change. I would start with 100 Hz to test this out.

Len, KD0RC

• That's my issue Len. The mouse wheel does not work when hovering over either the controls or the panadapter. I can click and the receiving bar, and can hover over the slider controls to see their settings, but moving the mouse wheel, or clicking on it, does nothing.

73, Lou W0FK
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

Does the panadapter have focus, or is another window, such as a logging program, active? Click on the panadapter to give it focus, then try the mouse wheel.

Craig, K0CF

• Hi Craig. The only window open is SmartSDR, and the Microsoft mouse simply does not work. I installed a Logitech mouse with the unifying receiver (2.4GHZ wireless), and the mouse wheel works fine. I installed the Mobile Mouse on my desktop and had the same issue.

Following that, I ran some further tests, and now believe that the issue is with the mouse itself. In a browser, the when itself doesn't work. If you click the wheel, an icon comes up in the browser and you can move the mouse to scroll.

Microsoft may have an answer, or I could either **** my head against the wall. Either way the pain could be the same. ;-)

73, Lou W0FK
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hmmm.. strange. Maybe try a wired USB mouse to see if that changes anything.

Len

• Hi Craig. The only window open is SmartSDR, and the Microsoft mouse simply does not work. I installed a Logitech mouse with the unifying receiver (2.4GHZ wireless), and the mouse wheel works fine. I installed the Mobile Mouse on my desktop and had the same issue.

Following that, I ran some further tests, and now believe that the issue is with the mouse itself. In a browser, the when itself doesn't work. If you click the wheel, an icon comes up in the browser and you can move the mouse to scroll. Microsoft may have an answer, or I could either **** my head against the wall

73, Lou W0FK

Following that, I ran some further tests, and now believe that the issue is with the mouse itself. In a browser, the when itself doesn't work. If you click the wheel, an icon comes up in the browser and you can move the mouse to scroll. Microsoft may have an answer, or I could either **** my head against the wall

73, Lou W0FK

73, Lou W0FK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.