Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Notifications -- the BLUE button and clearing the unread status count.

Options
Al_NN4ZZ
Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

In the Notifications the new items have a BLUE button next to them. If you hover over the button, a pop will say "Unread." If you CLICK the BLUE dot or the pop up, nothing happens.

QUESTION 1 - Is this clicking supposed to clear the BLUE button and drop the status count by one? If not what does it do? Reading the post does not seem to clear it either or am I missing a step?

Currently to clear the status you scroll down to the bottom of the list to clear all of the BLUE buttons and reset the count to zero by clicking on "Mark All Read." On some mobile devices (e.g. iPad, phone) the list is NOT scroll-able. There does not appear to be any way to get to the bottom to clear the notifications.

QUESTION 2 - Can the "Mark All Read" button be move to the TOP of the list? That would solve the problem for mobile devices and also make it more convenient for PC user as well.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 SSDR V2.4.10

Best Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Dewey W0YWW

Thanks, that works! On my iPad it is a bit touchy (pun intended) to trigger the scroll bar in the notifications popup but after playing with it, I can get it to work.

Regards Al / NN4ZZ

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Dewey,

One more thought on the BLUE BUTTON. It would be nice if clicking on the button or clicking on the post to read it would just clear that one item in the list. That would be like the way FaceBook works. Then you could tell which posts you have read and which ones are still waiting to be read. You wouldn’t have to clear them all at once.

Do you see any way to do that?

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ 

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Here is a screen shot from my iPad, notice that there is no scroll bar to get to the bottom of the notifications to “Mark All Read.”

....Al / NN4ZZ

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I think I've figured out the answer to Question 1 about the purpose of the Blue Dot. It looks like hovering over it is just intended to tell you that this post has not been read. And the pop up box is status rather than being an operation to change the status to mark it as read.

Question 2 is still unanswered. Repeated here:

Currently to clear the status you scroll down to the bottom of the list to clear all of the BLUE buttons and reset the count to zero by clicking on "Mark All Read." On some mobile devices (e.g. iPad, phone) the list is NOT scroll-able. See the iPad screen shot in the previous post. There does not appear to be any way to get to the bottom to clear the notifications.

QUESTION 2 - Can the "Mark All Read" button be move to the TOP of the list? That would solve the problem for mobile devices and also make it more convenient for PC user as well.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 SSDR V2.4.10

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Options

@Al_NN4ZZ

You said...

On some mobile devices (e.g. iPad, phone) the list is NOT scroll-able. 

I do not see what you are talking about. It shows up on my iPhone, at the bottom.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Tim,

The problem occurs when you have more notifications than will fit on the screen. The " Mark All Read" link is at the bottom but it is not visible or reachable. Notice that on the PC there is a scroll bar on the right. On my iPad there is no scroll bar. This snapshot is from Safari on my iPad but looks the same in Chrome on the iPad as well. It appears to be the way the community screen interacts with the browsers on the iPad.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 SSDR V2.4.10

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Does anyone else see this issue when looking at the notification on an iPad?

It is only a problem if you have more notifications than will fit on the screen.

The " Mark All Read" link is at the bottom but it is not visible or reachable. On a PC there is a scroll bar on the right. On my iPad there is no scroll bar. This snapshot is from Safari on my iPad but looks the same in Chrome on the iPad as well. It appears to be the way the community screen interacts with the browsers on the iPad.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 SSDR V2.4.10

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Tim - W4TME

Have you had a chance to look at the iPad / MOBILE DEVICE view when there are more notifications than will fit on the screen?

On a related note, what controls the number of notifications shown? If there is a way to limit number shown, then the scroll bar would not be needed to see the bottom and clear them.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I use an iPad for accessing this forum. When I select the bell it opens as it should. Reading the message does not clear it to as read. In order to clear unread/ read blue dot, on the iPad to get to the clear all button, one has to scroll to the bottom of the main page, then scroll the message list until the clear all is seen. This is rather cumbersome way of doing the clear function. Is there another way to clear read submissions?

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Patrick,

-- Can you provide a screen shot of your iPad with the list of notifications?

-- Can you also note the iPad model and OS version?

-- Do you have a long list of notifications or is it short enough for all of them to appear on the main page without needing to scroll the list? See the post up above with my screen shot. On my Ipad Pro, the list of notifications is too long to display on the screen and there is no SCROLL BAR to allow me to scroll to the bottom to access the MARK ALL READ button.

Thanks...Al

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry for not answering sooner, was dealing with other non ham issues. But seems, that the problem was recognized and is now fixed. Can now scroll the notifications window without manipulating the main window up or down to make the notifications window function. Thanks Flex and service provider.....