Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

This might be a "mute" question...

Options
I like to use my Maestro while sitting in the living room with my wife. Last night (Aug. 26, 2020) I was wanting to listen to the hurricane net (7.268) for any possible updates. There was a lot of "dead air" space where it was simply background noise.

So, my question is: How to squelch a Maestro so you don't hear the 'rush' of the background noise and still leave the AGC-T up to a level that doesn't lower incoming signals so much that you have to turn AF way up which defeats the purpose. With my Yaesu 857 I can toggle the RF gain knob to either RF gain or squelch. With my Kenwood 590 again I turn up the RF gain until it "break's squelch" and I can hear the conversation.

While I'm in the shack I could use FR Stack, but I'm not at the main computer and the SmartSDR screens to use FR Stack.

Best Answer

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

You can use FRStack on the main computer binded to the Maestro client.

Dave wo2x

• Russell Stringfield
    Russell Stringfield Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    [{"insert":"FR Stack works, yes; however, when remote (as in away from the QTH) FR Stack is set and non adjustable.\n\nI want it to be adjustable while remote.\n\n\n"}]
  • Russell Stringfield
    Options
    [{"insert":"FR Stack works, yes; however, when remote (as in away from the QTH) FR Stack is set and non adjustable. I want it to be adjustable while remote.\n"}]
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Options

@Russell Stringfield In this post, you asked a question where you wanted to get an answer, but the post was designated as a discussion topic. Please see the Message Board post Using New Q&A (Question & Answer) Feature for how to create a Question and Answer (Q&A) post. I went ahead and converted your post to a Q&A.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.