Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Interface Macdoppler with ssdrMac

K3SF
K3SF Member ✭✭✭

Has anyone been able to interface Macdoppler with new ssdrMac?

i thought it might work since ssdrmac does CAT control for TS2000 at the network level and macdoppler has TS2000 in it rig control list..

but i dont see network interface in macdoppler for TS2000

any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

side note:

i have run my 6600m with transverters and have used dpsdr and macdoppler with some success for frequency control.

i have not contacted Don Agro yet. Just wanted to know group thoughts on this subject

Paul K3SF

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

@K3SF  In this post, you asked a question where you wanted to get an answer, but the post was designated as a discussion topic. Please see the Message Board post Using New Q&A (Question & Answer) Feature for how to create a Question and Answer (Q&A) post. I went ahead and converted your post to a Q&A.

• K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭

Well, Don already supports the Flex rigs with MacLoggerDX so implementing that in MacDoppler may be do-able, but I guess the real question is whether it would be worth the effort for Don to do it: whether it is full-fledged Flex control or simply networked TS-2000 control.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

hi Dave

yea..seems intuitively it should just work

• K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭

No, not necessarily. MacDoppler works with Flex radios through DogParkSDR but not through MLDX. Don would have to specifically port over some of the code from MLDX to MacDoppler in order to make it happen. The number of MLDX users with Flex radios is already very small, and I'm certain the number of MacDoppler users with Flex radios is even smaller. It is a matter of effort vs. return.

Don is a great programmer, but he does have to balance his time appropriately.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

hey Dave

i agree with you...

my comment was more of a 'at first glance' type... and not meant as in depth analysis

paul K3SF

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭

Paul, I tried unsuccessfully to do satellite communications with my Flex. The transverter tuning was too complicated for me. So I pulled the trigger and bought an Icom IC-9700 and never looked back. Amazing radio for that type of communication.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

hi Bob

With the 6600m transverters are not the problem. My main issue is rig control ( keeping up with doppler shift) when trying to use Macdoppler. The only way i could accomplish that was by using the combo of dpsdr/macdoppler as macdoppler only supports the flex by using dpsdr as the gui client. or i could manual crank the freq dial (aka truly old school )

With a 6600M it has it own builtin gui client but macdoppler doesnt work with it.

There is a number of radios that macdoppler interfaces with but not directly with a flex radio like my 6600M.

The reason i brought up the question is i saw ssdrMac support Kenwood TS2000 CAT and the Macdoppler also supports TS2000CAT.

The real issue is ssdrMac can do it via the network interface while macdoppler only does via usb interface...

as the saying goes..."cant get there from here'

i really like macdoppler and what i am seeing of ssdrMac also getting to like that too..

maybe in the future updates of one or the other

Paul K3SF

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭

works great with the IC-9700

• Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭

I asked DogPark about it, and got a vague answer, which is translated as NO. So, I'm running SatPC32 on a windows box which I access/control with VNC from my Mac.

Charlie KB8CR

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

i too decide to get icom 9700...so far so good....

but

antenna system needs upgrade here

PaulK3SF

still love my 6600M