Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MAC SDR configuration with WSJT-X

Options
K6JV
K6JV Member ✭✭
Good Morning, can someone please provide me with the proper settings for the SDR for MAC program and WSJT-X. I am unable to get the CAT to work. Thanks. Doug, K6JV

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ignore the reference to USB device in PTT - it's not selected. Use CAT.

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks George, that got it. Now how do I get DAX to provide the audio without having the computer speakers active.
  • K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭
    Options
    Do I need a program like loopback?
  • Pete - W6OP
    Pete - W6OP Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, you will need Loopback or similar. Though you can just use the built in FT8 program unless you need Fox/Hound or want to run multiple instances.

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Pete, thanks for the reply. Installed Loopback but can not get audio to WSJT-X. Would you mind sharing how you have yours configured?

Thanks.

• Pete - W6OP
    Pete - W6OP Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options

Lets see if a photo can explain it better than I can in words. My only problem is I can't transmit. It keys the rig and looks like its transmitting but I have no power out. As if the audio isn't getting to WSJT-X. Actually the TUNE button doesn't work either, just keys radio, no power out. This is the same configuration I have been using with dogparkSDR and Doug's xSDR6000.

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Pete, I actually got mine working with the addition of Loopback.

• Pete - W6OP
    Pete - W6OP Member ✭✭
    Options

Are you able to transmit? If so, how does your's differ from mine?

Thanks

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Pete, my is configured as:

Data bits- default

Stop bits- defaule

Handshake- hardware

Mode- USB

Could be the handshake

• Pete - W6OP
    Pete - W6OP Member ✭✭
    Options

I restarted everything and it just started working. The mysteries of computers :)

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Pete, you may want to create two Loopback devices. One for TX, the other RX. See attached images.

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭
    Options

Glad you got it going Pete.

Best 73

Doug K6JV

• Pete - W6OP
    Pete - W6OP Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks George, 2 Loopbacks sound good. I was always wondering about only having one shared.

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    Options

I can't seem to get SSDR for Mac working with WSJT-X. Many of the options are greyed out on the setup screen.

I have loopback setup for the audio but no long getting CAT to work.

K4QXX

Burch

• K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭
    Options

Burch,

Did you setup CAT control in SmartSDR for Mac to use port 5002 in FlexControl mode?

Do you have another logbook running (MacLoggerDX or RUMlogNG?) that can provide WSJT-X control? If so, do you have that enabled thereby creating a conflict on port 5002?

There are lots of possibilities, but it is likely a configuration issue in one of the above areas.

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    Options

This is what I have setup in the Flex CAT control

But I still get this in WSJT-X

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, I don't know what I did but all of a sudden it's working now. There was a long delay when I clicked on the "Test Cat" button but it finally turned green and I was able to make a FT8 contact.