Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MAC SDR configuration with WSJT-X

K6JV
K6JV Member ✭✭
Good Morning, can someone please provide me with the proper settings for the SDR for MAC program and WSJT-X. I am unable to get the CAT to work. Thanks. Doug, K6JV

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭

Ignore the reference to USB device in PTT - it's not selected. Use CAT.

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭
    Thanks George, that got it. Now how do I get DAX to provide the audio without having the computer speakers active.
  • K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭
    Do I need a program like loopback?
  • Pete - W6OP
    Pete - W6OP Member ✭✭

Yes, you will need Loopback or similar. Though you can just use the built in FT8 program unless you need Fox/Hound or want to run multiple instances.

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭

Hi Pete, thanks for the reply. Installed Loopback but can not get audio to WSJT-X. Would you mind sharing how you have yours configured?

Thanks.

• Pete - W6OP
    Pete - W6OP Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020

Lets see if a photo can explain it better than I can in words. My only problem is I can't transmit. It keys the rig and looks like its transmitting but I have no power out. As if the audio isn't getting to WSJT-X. Actually the TUNE button doesn't work either, just keys radio, no power out. This is the same configuration I have been using with dogparkSDR and Doug's xSDR6000.

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭

Thanks Pete, I actually got mine working with the addition of Loopback.

• Pete - W6OP
    Pete - W6OP Member ✭✭

Are you able to transmit? If so, how does your's differ from mine?

Thanks

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭

Hi Pete, my is configured as:

Data bits- default

Stop bits- defaule

Handshake- hardware

Mode- USB

Could be the handshake

• Pete - W6OP
    Pete - W6OP Member ✭✭

I restarted everything and it just started working. The mysteries of computers :)

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭

Pete, you may want to create two Loopback devices. One for TX, the other RX. See attached images.

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭

Glad you got it going Pete.

Best 73

Doug K6JV

• Pete - W6OP
    Pete - W6OP Member ✭✭

Thanks George, 2 Loopbacks sound good. I was always wondering about only having one shared.

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭

I can't seem to get SSDR for Mac working with WSJT-X. Many of the options are greyed out on the setup screen.

I have loopback setup for the audio but no long getting CAT to work.

K4QXX

Burch

• K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭

Burch,

Did you setup CAT control in SmartSDR for Mac to use port 5002 in FlexControl mode?

Do you have another logbook running (MacLoggerDX or RUMlogNG?) that can provide WSJT-X control? If so, do you have that enabled thereby creating a conflict on port 5002?

There are lots of possibilities, but it is likely a configuration issue in one of the above areas.

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭

This is what I have setup in the Flex CAT control

But I still get this in WSJT-X

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭

Well, I don't know what I did but all of a sudden it's working now. There was a long delay when I clicked on the "Test Cat" button but it finally turned green and I was able to make a FT8 contact.