Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I use two Maestro on one Flex6400?

W4AFK Bruno
W4AFK Bruno Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
Looking at setting up a Flex6400 and having two Maestro control heads. One for me (remote in California) and the other for a local ham friend in Florida. I read about the SO2R but it doesn't seem to support two Maestro. I also don't have any Apple device so the tablet software won't work on my Android devices. 

Also, correct me if I am wrong but a Maestro can connect via an Internet connection using services like DynDNS, right?

Answers

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes!  That is what the "Multi-Client" feature is all about.  Make sure you are using the latest version software like 3.1.12 or newer on both the radio and the Maestros.  They can be receiving on different bands, modes or frequencies.  Just coordinate who will utilize the shared transmitter.  Either by time shift or a chat intercom.  Otherwise there is a lock-out allowing one to TX at a time.  The Maestro has a built-in Windows tablet.  No Android devices.  I also have an Apple iPAD which can be used simultaneously with one Maestro client at a time.  Not sure about DynDNS.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Since you have a 6400, you need to know it has only one SCU (ADC), so both users are on the same antenna. You will need a multi-band antenna that will work without tuning it. If you want truly independent receivers, you need a 6600 or 6700, which both have 2 SCUs.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2020
    Yes, you can and it is part of Version 3 of SmartSDR.  You will have to share a common antenna as Ted stated.

No, DYNDNS is not required.  The Maestro will find your radio if setup for SmartLink (section 9 of the SmartSDR Manual).   You will have to use the same login information for both Maestros for it to work.

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Mike, I just wanted to say Thank You for responding and being here on the Forum. No where else and I mean NO WHERE else Yaesu, Kenwood, Icom, etc will you find this level of support  ....... And all the video's you provide are priceless. You and Flex truly are what ham radio is all about. And we can't leave Tim and all the other Flex folks out it is just incredible 
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2020
    That Doug

I'm pretty impressed with the company.  Everyone works so hard for us to be successful and we do it for our customers so they can enjoy their hobby.  

73 to you and your family.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.