Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PG-XLl ON REMOTE POWER?

James Kennedy-WU5E
James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Power Genius XL Amplifier
I'm moving to Korea and and set my station with RigRunner 4005I and turn off and on the radio and the HF Auto , but how do I to that for the PG-XL at 240 volts.

Jim
WU5E

Answers

• K1DLM
    K1DLM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Just use a heavy duty double pole relay on the power cord wIth a 12vdc coil. Attach the coil of the relay to one of the outlets on the 4005i.  
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Here is a GREAT Relay and even comes with a plastic cover
     https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FCJ39QR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BE VERY careful with the Newer firmware / hardware 4005i's I have had mine locked up with no internet web access 3 times in the last 4 months. 
    I have the earlier model probably the first version out that ran flawless for a couple years and just changed it out because I liked the new versions WEB interface and went back to the old model. 
    Good luck in Koera James
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Dragisa Boca
    Dragisa Boca Member
    edited June 2020
    To remotely power off a PG XL you will need a remote 220V switch.

Dragisa 4O9ITT
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

I worded the question wrong, I'm having brown outs and when the it happen the amp looses connection to the radio , and you have to power cycle the power switch on the back of the amp. there a power conditioner to catch the monetary blink in power when the power company change out Generation units.
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    James I have the same situation with my PGXL when I loose power I have to turn off the back switch to get the amp running. It appears it has to go through the test process to recover. It looks like it is running but no network connection. I have not tried unplugging and plugging in again as a test. Tim could probably give a technical explanation. I did install a UPS on computer and all network devices to maintain network connections and hoped that was the source of the behavior. Will test more. I was considering using a contractor to switch the 240 vac. Reasonable price and robust. 73 Bill W9JJB
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The NEW version of the DLI Power switch PRO and DIN Relay box has Brown out protection that may do what your needing.

You can set a "Brown out" timer in the switch's to drop power for how ever long you need to.

Bret
    WX7Y
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Asher, Your news of the new DLI Product intrigued me so I call Support and spoke with Mike there and ask him if this switch was in-deed different in that it switch's both HOT legs of the 240 VAC circuit and after about 5 hour he got back to me and he confirmed that it only switch's 1 Leg of the Outlets which is NO different then any of there other switch's SO with this switch OFF you still have NON protected and NOT switchable or FUSED 120 VAC going into the AMP which is a issue and you still need to add a 2 POLE high current relay to power the AMP on and OFF 
    I was hopping this would finally give us a true 240 VAC WEB Power switch even though it is only good for 15 Amp per outlet which is really to small for the AMP anyway.
    Sorry for the news but best to find out before I spent $189.00 on one. 

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Bret,

Thanks for investigating! Never occurred to me they'd only switch one leg. Now I have to think about how to package a relay

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.