Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Install only the dax drivers needed?

Ross Slater
Ross Slater Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in DAX
When installing smatsdr it would be nice to have an option to install only the dax drivers needed for your setup.

Comments

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    can you explain?

DAX is a part of Smartsdr. Only DAX is useless for you .
    You cant use DAX with any other TRX then F6.

Chris
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    DAX and CAT alone are useful if you have a 6400M or 6600M.

[To explain: I use v2 and a Mac with my 6600M. I run all manner of digital programs to the existing slices on the 6600M front panel. The digital programs control the radio nicely using CAT (xCat) and I get the waterfall from JS8Call / WSJT-X, etc. Of course I also use dogparkSDR and SDR on Windows when or if I want or need them.]
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    What would be nice is for DAX to be FIXED.

I still have to stop and restart DAX several times a day.
  • Ross Slater
    Ross Slater Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Let me explain, I use DAX audio RX1 and DAX Audio TX for both JTDX and Fldigi that's all.  If I need more it would be nice to be able to add as needed. There is another program I was using but it does not play well with DAX. After browsing through all the previous threads it's been a problem for a few years. Program is Yaesu's Wires-x. No complaints just a thought.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    The challenge is that DAX is not a driver that lends itself to be installed dynamically and SmartSDR DAX can connect to radios that have from 2 to 8 slices.  So we install all the necessary drivers to accommodate any model of FLEX-6000 you use without having to load drivers and reboot your PC and or unload drivers when you are done, and reboot your PC..
  • Ross Slater
    Ross Slater Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thank you for the response makes sense.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.