Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR 3.1.11 Install Went Very Well

2»

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    It is looking for the default sound device in your computer. Make sure it is enabled and selected as default. In the future it may be good to download the Flex file manager that saves all you Dax and Cat settings so you can just restore them anytime.
    .https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-settings-file-manager/?_ga=2.186550251.376251628.158688..
  • Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    OK, I fixed the problem but doing a v3.1.11 complete re-install.   All seems normal now.  Should have done that 1st.

Nothing to see here.  Move along.  

73!
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for that Bill, I will keep a copy of this on my desktop.

BTW:  My update was smooth with 3.1.11
    6600 and Maestro A.
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Same here! upgrade with no issues so far! 
    Thanks!
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I'm a bit confused about this latest update, specifically relating to the corrected issues relating to SD Card Corruption.  Is this SD Card an option or something internal?  I've never used a SD Card with my 6700.
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2020
    It is internal and not something you should normally remove unless Flex tech support directs you to.

Len, KD0RC
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The SD card is in a slot on the board in the radio. There have been a number of radios being effected.
  • Paul_M0AIA
    Paul_M0AIA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Just trying to update my 6600 via the Maestro, the download is estimating a very long time, past upgrades have flown through, I'm in the UK.
    'Download (Step 1 of 4): 104min remaining' :-(
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    104 minutes?
  • Paul_M0AIA
    Paul_M0AIA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    yes correct, some 22 mins later it is still displaying 65min remaining, time to hit the  cancel and go to bed
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    In the end the install went well.  Only glitch was that when the firmware load got to 100% the radio hung. I reset the radio (held the power switch till it shut down) then powered down the DC power, reapplied DC power.  At this point restarted radio and SmartSDR and all was well.  As for the v3.1.11 software I finally broke down and purchased this new version, upgrading from v2.6.1.  After some time, operating with new version,  I was happy to see one problem that was at least 98% corrected.  Also the ability to run the remote operation (I realize that this was available in the original version of v3) from I pad is much appreciated.  Still exploring this new version, but I have a sense that DAX and CAT are improved.  Some things that would be very nice addition, would be adjustable audio DSP filtering.  I currently use an outboard device and and although it works extremely well, it has certain design limitations that, are internal and are in regards to RF susceptibility.  Also selectable audio muting on transmit would be a good addition.  Feedback is an issue if one accidentally leaves the monitor function on when switching to speakers from earphones.  Ability to switch slices A<>B Would be nice with out third part apps.  Less reliance on third part apps, with some of the new modes built in as it is done for the iOS version.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Bill, Len, thanks for the info.  I wasn't aware it was in there.
  • Paul_M0AIA
    Paul_M0AIA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Version 3.1.11 download completed and upgraded end to end successfully, thank you Flex
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I have a 6300 with ATU. All went quick and no issues.  After every new update, it's a good idea to shut down both Flex and pc and restart. I have done this since day one without any problems what so ever. Thank you Flex, you're still the best in my book... I am looking for a decent price on a Flex 6700. Anyone reading that has one for sale please message me.
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Can anyone please advise. Does the 6300 series have an SD card inside also?  Thank you. 73
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Yes, all 6000 radio do
  • W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I did the update ALL works great !!
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Smooth install, both F6700 and Maestro V1.
  • Phill Beistel
    Phill Beistel Member
    edited May 2020
    Upgraded to 3.1.11 yesterday. No problems detected. Good update!

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    I'm glad you got it figured out.  If you do get stuck on something like that in the future, posting here isn't a bad place to go for community help.  If you need an official support response though, make sure that you open up a helpdesk ticket at helpdesk.flexradio.com.  Happy Flexing.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    I noticed the update was slow on my M model this morning.  This is most likely related to the volume of folks downloading it, but we'll be looking into this.  Thanks for the report.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.