Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Antenna Setup for 4 slices in Flex 6600

artimus
artimus Member
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have the following antennas:
Ant 1 - 3 element triband beam 40 (1 ele) -20-15-10 m
Ant 2 - 3 element 6 meter beam
XVTR B - 2 meter transverter on a VHF beam

I am trying to set up 4 slices as follows:
Slice A - Ant 1 RX   Ant 1 TX  Band: 40 meters
Slice B - Ant 1 RX   Ant 1 TX Band: 20 Meters
Slice C - Ant 2 RX   Ant 2 TX Band: 6 meters
Slice D - XVTR B RX  XVTRB TX Band: 2 meters

Screen Shots are shown at the following links:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ur1etfcpt6msrxj/First%20Screen%20Shot.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jn1gljobpwiublq/Second%20Screen%20Shot.jpg?dl=0

When I attempt to set Slice C to Ant 2 it changes Slice A and B RX to Ant 2

It won't allow independent RX ant selection on Slice C without always changing RX selection on Slice A and B to match Slice C.

My objective is to listen to these 4 bands concurrently.

How can I set it up so slice C RX antenna is independent of Slice A RX ant and Slice B Rx antenna?

The only reason I can think that this won't work is because the XVTR is using one of the SCU's and has priority.  Maybe it's not possible to do this without 3 SCU's.

Thanks

Jeff 
KD6RC

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2020
    Hi Jeff

If I read this correctly, Slice A and B are ok.

Your challenge with Slice C and D is that you can't XVTR B at the same time as using ANT 2.  It is one or the other.  

The best you can do is have XVTR B TX only active since once you go into TX it will switch ports.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Jeff,
      What you are trying  to do would require 3 SCU's, but you only have 2..
      You might be able to do what you want if you use a VHF diplexer on Ant2..  Common port the to ANT 2 and 2m on the VHF port and 6m on the other port ??   Or a  HF-6m diplexer  on ANT1 with 3 slices ( 1 SCU) and 2m stuff on the XVTR 2 ( the other SCU )

AL, K0VM
  • artimus
    artimus Member
    edited April 2020
    Hi Michael,

If I want to monitor 2 meters at the same time....it appears this is only possible if I use Ant 1 on Slice C to receive on 6 meters.   Then the second SCU is devoted to 2 meters only....I guess.

If I want to transmit and receive on 6 meters, I will have to close Slice D to use Ant 2..the 6 meter beam on Slice C.

Thanks

Jeff
  • artimus
    artimus Member
    edited April 2020
    Hi Al,

Thanks for the ideas.  I will see what I have in the parts bin and try something.

Thanks

Jeff
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Comet CF-360
    AL, K0VM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.