Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dear Flex, Please fix VOX ASAP

2»

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2020
    Sergey, I can appreciate your frustration when there is a feature of the software that isn't working properly for you.  As noted by the status of this post, the determination of the problem which is the first step in fixing the issue is in progress.  Additionally, this issue does have a high criticality.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Tim,
    Hopefully above VOX issue will be fixed in the next SW release.
    I would assume that issue is not isolated to me me only.

Here is another find during ARRL DX SSB contest.
    Please see video and let me know if is this something I am doing wrong, is it VOX issue related to above, is it known issue and you are working on it or is it a new issue that no one reported yet.

Radio 6600 with Ver 3.1.8

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RXZ9YokkGuWzrrnn2wtMFWr_g8YsR7sf

Sergey, KN7K
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2020
    You have DAX and VOX enabled at the same time which is exacerbating the VOX issue that I mentioned above.
  • JimStuder
    JimStuder Member ✭✭
    I'm a new 6600 user and always used VOX on my Yaesu 2000 and 5000 with no issues. This weekend during the CQWW SSB I plugged in my RadioSport headphones and all was well for a couple of hours. Then intermittent drops in transmission started occurring. I tried to adjust the levels and delays but it only got worse. I had to switch to a hand switch (thank goodness I had one in my junk box) and was able to complete the contest. However, I have no confidence in VOX at this point and I've used it with no issues for years on my two previous Yaesus with no issues. Apparently this is a known issue and this is a BIG deal for me working contests with really fast exchanges. Also, addressing why delay is set so low, delay has to be set low so the transmitter isn't held on while the other party is already coming back with a quick exchange. It's that fast.

Jim AK4I
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

yes, i used VOX all my life on previous radios without any issue.

I had to purchase a foot switch for Flex6600 to avoid drops.

Hopefully next year (???) we will see some update with bug fixes

Sergey, KN7K

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

An idea- I wonder if a future version of SSDR could incorporate a syllabic VOX. It would be a nice addition for SSB operators.

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭

Sergey , did you read Tim saying to turn Dax off while in SSB ? My 6600 does the same as yours if I have Dax on .

Ed N5DG

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭

my vox occasionally unkeys after you start talking, figured it must be a bug, at first I did catch DAX on but learned about that and keep it off, but still does unkey on occasionally, which is aggravating!

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Ed, I have a video that I shared with community 1.5+ years ago, it shows VAX stuttering without DAX enabled.

If needed I can reupload it again.

I was hoping that bug #7724 would be addressed in 3.2.31 release, but unfortunately after all this waiting and hopes, it is still broken! I tested it today, same as before - UNRELIABLE !

Sergey

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Here is the video from year ago with DAX off.

By the way, for contest like WPX, i have to have DAX ON to play prerecorded messages, so while DAX ON or OFF does not affect VOX defect, I need it ON for Contest to play CQ and follow up with VOX for a serial number.

VOX does not drop my TX with settings 20+, but this is too much delay to complete QSO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.