Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Starting 3rd party apps

Options
Jim
Jim Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in Third-Party Software

Im using SmartSDR 3.1.8 with my Flex 6400.  As it is now, I start Log4OM, which I have configured to start SmartSDR, then Slicemaster. Works like a charm. HOWEVER, I would ultimately like to start SmartSDR first, and have it start Slicemaster, and Log4OM. The reason for this is that I use Log4om with other non Flex radios, so I don't want to start SmartSDR when I use the other rig.  Hope Im not confusing everyone, but does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Any ideas appreciated!

Answers

• K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi.  I use a Windows .cmd file to start all the programs I want to run with SSDR.  Use the Windows start command for each executable.  This allows the script to end after it starts all the programs.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Following. Would be interested. I used to do it with DxLab Launcher, but now only doing it with Log4OM.
  • Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Automation is nice push one button, but I like taking more deliberate steps at the computer's pace. I'm allowing each program to get itself UP before stepping on to the next program.  This also allows me to NOT start some if I'm going to be doing different operating modes.

I always start Smart SDR  watch the connection flags until its all there.  THEN I start DDUTIL v4, I use this as the radio Voltage monitor, temp monitor, wattmeter for another view, space weather, and the Ham Radio Deluxe network server.  Plus its good for anything else I may desire in the future.

Then I start Ham Radio Deluxe using the DDUtil network server and do not use rig control.  I have found not having to use their **** rig control interface makes things much cleaner, and more stable and quicker...

Then I start WSJT-X if Im going to be using FT8, and then JTAlert  it takes a couple decodes before JTAlert get the log read and start coloring calls...

I have 4 monitors for lots of desktop room.   I have lined up the desktop icons in a row.  SSDR CAT DAX, the cat and dax auto start.  But if I need to close one due to issues, and restart them, they are right where I can find them. CAT is left minimized, but DAX is right above DDUtil for EZ viewing and being able to vary the transmit drive if I change bands..   Then the DDUtil. WSJT-X, and JTAlert.

I keep N1MM Logger+ in the second row If I need to bring up a different logging program. PLus FLDigi is in that second row.

Sure you can create batch files for bringing up whatever you need when you need it, BUT I use the really big desktop icons and just follow the order as the computer handles each app.

I also figured out with the VSP clash with other Microsoft programs resulting in a BSoD...  If I reboot my workstation, I make sure SKYPE and OUTLOOK are closed before any restarts.  And when the computer boots to the lock page...  I'll let it get the network icon up with my network connection, not the world ball thingy, and I'll look at the disk drive activity light and make sure its done loading all the drivers etc.  (I believe VSP is one of those)  This is a quick machine buy there's a LOT of stuff loading.  THEN I'll click on the page and and enter my PIN code.  IF either of the Skype or outlook were accidentally left open brace for Blue Screen of death when they run smack dab into VSP.

Once the radio is up SKYPE and OUtlook can be safely started.  Very interesting.

Just doing it manually has made life MUCH  IMPROVED at my house, not perfect but better.  If your unit is a Doggy computer, I'd never automate... 

Erika DD
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited February 2020
    Options
  • Al Peterson
    Al Peterson Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Another suggestion - right click on the Windows task bask, select Task Manager, click on the "Startup" tab. Add the file you started. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.