Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

LOG4OM V2

2»

Answers

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Sergey, if interested I am running second slice. You have to toggle between them with the arrow next to the freq display so its not as elegant as I like but it certainly works.

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Rich,
    I enabled 2nd slice on radio and toggle arrow on the log between 1 and 2 and second window stay empty. I looked around, checked Omni rig, could not find what's wrong.
    My LogHX shows 2 slices with no issues with Omnirig.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Mine works fine but I was being **** to start. I created two virtual ports in SmartCAT for Log4OM so I had two dedicated ports. What I failed to catch was I had both ports pointing at slice A.

Once I got that individual port connected to the correct slice and set Omni Rig (version 1)  Rig 1 to the right port and Rig 2 to the right port it worked.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have separate Com port defined for Slice and B, Log4om does not see slice B.
    Another log that I use is LogHX see both slices.
    I probably could figure it out if I dig more, but the fact that whole log looks very blurry on 4k Monitor turn me off from trying.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    There is a rig switch on the header for Log4OM V1 and V2... it will switch between the ports configured in OmniRig.  
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    In my experience it will let you switch between slices. But it will not let you "see" both.

The Log4OM digital display on right is blank.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    There are now competing info services between Log4OM, JTAlert and I think even
    wsjt-x.  I have them all running with Log4OM v2 as some times it is handy to have a different view that seem to appear at different times.  As I use v2 I am appreciative of the effort to update a good logging app.  Some features work more efficiently and faster and logging is quicker.  All these changes in the middle of upgrading my old computer to W10 and then building a new faster computer to better work with W10 and all the other work load that I am pushing on the computer.  The effort over the last month was strenuous but in the end is a much better experience.  Learned a lot of new things as I progressed in this effort.   
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    That I know.....it would be nice if they would add a “BOTH”  selection....that would populate slice or VFO AB with out separate radio....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.