Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can someone help me install and setup cw skimer on my PC via teamviewer ?

YG6HBC
YG6HBC Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Im jhon and my callsign YG6HBC. Please help me someone to setup my cw skimer with my Flex 6400 in my PC because im stuck try setup. If someone can help me, you can email me directly at: jhondenisinaga@gmail.com

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Use SDR bridge or slice master. It’s practically plug and play.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I agree with Ria. SliceMaster will handle pretty much everything for you.
  • YG6HBC
    YG6HBC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Can you give me link download slicemaster and install tutorial ? Thank you.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
  • YG6HBC
    YG6HBC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I have download slice-master-6000-master.zip and not get any instalation file in folder. How tobe install ?

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Just put the file somewhere, create a shortcut to it and run it.

There is no install package.
  • YG6HBC
    YG6HBC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Brother, can you help me by setup for me via teamviewer ?
  • YG6HBC
    YG6HBC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I have installed slice master but still not get cw signal in cw skimer waterfall
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Like Rich said, click on

https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000/releases

then scroll down to the 'assets' section and open it.  You'll see a link for 

slice-master-6000-v0.10.7c.zip

click on it to download.  After it down loads, open the zip then drag slice-master.exe to your desktop (or any other place you'd prefer).  Double click on it.  Windows will ask you to grant permission for Slice Master to access your network.  You're done.

If you have any of the supported programs already installed, you can launch them from Slice Master's launch tab.  When you launch a program, keep an eye on Slice Master's status line (bottom of the window).  If Slice Master has any trouble launching your program, an error or warning message will show up there to tell you what's wrong.  The most common problem is that the slice or panafall need a DAX or DAXIQ channel assiged to it.  Or the channel needs to be enabled in the DAX Control Panel.

Good luck!

--Don

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Ah, Don is here :)

You are in good hands now.

Just remember you do not start CWskimmer yourself. Slicemaster launches it for you.
  • YG6HBC
    YG6HBC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    When im start the slicemaster i got this error...see at attachment in red circle
  • YG6HBC
    YG6HBC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    When i open slicemaster and click cwskimer, it does not open and get error
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    You do not have your IQ stream turned on for that slice.

On the left go over to the left and set it for Dax IQ channel 1
  • YG6HBC
    YG6HBC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Ok, its will like this ?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    That should be a good start. I can see an IQ stream running on your DAX now.

I would restart SliceMaster and then under launch tab on SliceMaster set it up for Slice A. Then you can do it for other slice if you want later.
  • YG6HBC
    YG6HBC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Its success but the last question. At cw skimer setting as Im give screen shoot at radio hardware type, which type must i choose, im using Flex 6400 signature series. Thank you.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Slicemaster sets that up for you so do not have to change it. You can adjust your waterfall settings to meet your preference.

• YG6HBC
    YG6HBC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    At cw skimer setting as Im give screen shoot at radio hardware type, which type must i choose, im using Flex 6400 signature series and at cw skimer, i got cw signal but why im not get callsign decode in right side ?

• YG6HBC
    YG6HBC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Please help me, why im not get callsin or decode in right side ? I got cw signal but not see the callsign decode
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Well restart everything.  You should see dit's and dah's on the waterfall of skimmer like you do on your flex waterfall.  Dont expect callsigns right away depending on what is being sent.
  • YG6HBC
    YG6HBC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Thank you for your best help :)

• Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Maybe you have enabled "blind mode" by accident when trying to get it work? See the picture....image

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.