Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Uncommandeed Maestro reboots

N2TTA
N2TTA Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Maestro
During ARRL 160m last night, maestro reboots by himself few times per hour for some reason.
Doesn't matter if i connected remotely to Flex, or SmrathControl SmartSDR. 
Any idea?

Comments

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Maybe your battery is down

Chris
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    connected to outlet. 

Yuri
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Believe me and give a try !
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    what i have to do, find new battery?
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    no, remove your battery pack, charge it with a USB cable.
    Maestro has 2 different batteries. One inside of the Tablet and one removable and this battery you can only charge if you remove.
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Understand. Never knew about that. Will try. Thanks!!
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2020
    I assume that once you were done the contest, the Maestro worked as designed?

Have you considered you had an RFI issue with RF getting into the DC of the Maestro and causing it to reboot?  

Does it do this on any other bands?

Mike

• N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    i worked remotely, so no RFI issues in shack. 
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited December 2019
    Got it

Is it still doing it or did it only reboot during the contest?  If it continues to reboot, I would recommend opening a support case as this is very unusual.

Mike

• N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    It continues to reboot. Firs i will charge batteries today as Chris described, since i never did that before. See if it helps
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Chris, i have no batteries there

• Mike-VA3MW
    edited December 2019
    Does it only reboot when you’re using batteries? What if you’re using only the wall adapter that came with the unit?
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Mike he has no battery
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I have no battery, this why i was surprised when Chris mentioned about it. Always connected to outlet 
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I had is behavior b4 a long time; i change battery pack and it was gone. Since that time i change after some weeks (also if i am not using the battery) and charge again.

I your case i dont know how you fix this. Hope Mike can give your a hint - before you have to send back to FRS.
    Cross my fingers.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.